Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspection following complaint

I have just had an inspector leave as she ran out of time will be returning next Wednesday afternoon to finish off. Last Friday a 2 year old that I look after while I was in school playground took his shoes off and was walking around in the rain. I felt really bad as I did not notice that he had done this. Any way when I did which was about 5 minutes later we put shoes on. I could not carry him to the car from school as I had another child in a buggy but as soon as in car took shoes and socks off and when home cleaned his feet and put fresh socks on. Anyway someone contacted ofsted and it has triggered this inspection. So far all ok and as she has run out of time she is coming back on Wednesday afternoon.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh poor you!!
    My 18mo boy mindee is always ragging his shoes off when we're outside so I'd be in trouble lol
    Shame that you got reported for this as you didn't see it happen, and nobody is perfect. Some people just like to complain I think
    It's a pain but OFSTED do have to follow up complaints, see it as an opportunity to improve and ask questions about anything you've wanted to know
    Hope everything goes ok weds, that's annoying too that she's doing 2 days, so you're going to be anxious for another day!x
    Kelly xx

3. Likes watgem liked this post
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg ...some people! We so have to watch our backs! Sad your having to go through this but good luck I'm sure it will be fine x

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

There some horrible people about, it's bad enough that Ofsted came out but for her to leave halfway through I personally think that's
    really not fair on you to be left worrying about it.
    Cath

6. Likes watgem liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people are just total busy body's! They have nothing better to do :-( hope today wasnt too bad & hope Wednesday comes and goes quickly for you!

Out of interest how many people have had inspections following complaints? I had a complaint made against me back in January by an ex parent that I was having payment problems with. Ofsted sent me a letter telling me about what the parent had said & that if I feel anything needs doing about it I should do it but not contact them & they would check on my next inspection. Do you think I might get an unannounced inspection for this?

Thanks

Kirsty x

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I had inspection after a complaint although complaint was made in November they only came to me I end of January . Parent said I had hit her child now if this had been true I think they took far to long to come to inspect , luckily I keep a register and the date I was meant to of hit the child need even had her

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish Ofsted would laugh these idiots out the door.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Meaning the people who make the complaints!

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Good grief, have these people have nothing else to do but make stupid compaints! Children do take there shoes off/refuse coats in the cold and numerous other things! Sending hugs! ((( ))) xx

13. Likes watgem liked this post
    mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh poor you. I had a complaint made against me lat year and its such an awful feeling isn't it!!!! Hope your inspection goes well, good luck x

15. Likes watgem liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

So what was the complaint? I don't get it, child had shoes off and was wallowing in a sensory experience, perfectly safe in the playground, you put shoes and socks on to get back to the car, dried his feet and warmed him up. Am I right?
    So the only tng I can think of was you were briefly unaware what he was doing, is that it? What did ofsted say?

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard of something similar happening to a minder in my area - child kept taking shoes and socks off in buggy on way to school on a very cold day, she kept putting them back on but eventually as worried about being late to collect from school and worried about losing a shoe she stopped playing the "game" but someone reported her for child being inadequately dressed on a cold day.

Pity we can't report parents - I used to see one of my mindees in the playground wearing just a tee shirt instead of a coat and sometimes still in PJ's.

18. Likes Koala, watgem liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The rubbish thing is if you had planned a walking in the rain barefoot session you would get brownie points!!! X

20. Likes Maza, christine e, Lilylulu liked this post
    jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a complaint about a long list of things - had already given parent notice - not that they told Ofsted that bit. Bit the list was so daft that I don't know why they even considered it worthy of an unannounced visit eg.the chidminder thinks its wrong that a child needs a wee every 10 minutes. lol the fact that the child concerned had been potty trained for a year, suddenly developed needing a frequent wee which I let mum know about who took him to doctors who said he had a urine infection.
    So the visit was to tell me about it and decide if the complaint was justified. A few weeks later I got a call saying I was due for an inspection - had one the year before - I was upset as it wasn't due and I didn't realise that even a complaint that finds nothing still triggered another inspection.

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am only really concerned in that as I was only inspected less than 2 years ago that I had not submitted an up to date SEF which I was going to start doing over the next month when I would have been closer to 2 years. I have spent approx. 3 hours going through it but will she look again to see if I have updated it. All of my paperwork is all up to date so I have no worries there. Basically with having unannounced inspections I suppose we have to keep updating and submitting sefs every few months just in case.

parents are annoyed and upset about this not with me but with Ofsted not just investigating but also carrying out inspection but they are used to Ofsted and mom is a teacher and dad is a ta.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never done a Sef and don't intend to do one any time soon. No inspector can expect one and even if you do one they can not comment if it is not continually up dated. It is not required under EYFS.

24. Likes vals liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I have never done a Sef and don't intend to do one any time soon. No inspector can expect one and even if you do one they can not comment if it is not continually up dated. It is not required under EYFS.
    It was the reason I was downgraded from good to satisfactory so that's rubbish!! It's in my Ofsted report?

26. Likes kellyskidz!, watgem liked this post
    jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never done one either and its never been mentioned as a problem.

28. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Feb 200
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't done a SEF either but as long as you can show the inspector that you self evaluate your provision they will be happy. It's all about evidence, whether it be your own way or their way.

30. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charlottenash View Post
    It was the reason I was downgraded from good to satisfactory so that's rubbish!! It's in my Ofsted report?
    Charlotte could you provide the exact words that was wrote on your report in regards to SEF/Self Evaluation, as it would help others know what is they are looking for.

32. Likes sarah707, rickysmiths liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast