Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Diaries

Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Diaries

Im looking to reformat the way I write my daily diaries. At the moment I have a A5 notepad and I just write in what we have done, nappy changes etc. but its getting too repetitive when I have 3 to do or somedays 4. I usually end up writing about a page or even more.

I want to simplify the way I write it by just having a page with shapes on. So a circle and inside it reads Today I ate:..........., and a star with: I played with...... etc, etc.

So around 7 shapes on a page covering what I ate,nappy changes,I slept, I played with, I visited, etc etc and then a box at the bottom for any further info

This way I can just jot down things instead of writing an essay

But the only way I can think of doing this is to print it off (using lots of ink) and stick it into the pages of the note book (using lots of glue)

I could really do with a pre-printed book. Ive looked on vistaprint but they only print front and back covers, not each page.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by JCrakers; 09-09-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great idea just not sure what to suggest sorry
    Cath

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

I have made my own on A5 paper and print them each child has an A5 folder once the folder gets full l take the pages out tie them together with string thingies and give to parents to keep. I have food, nappy changes, sleeps, today l was happy sad etc and circle which with 2 lines underneath to give explanation if upset, moody etc. This takes up 1/2 page then l have today l played with: and give a brief outline of what child played with and anything new achieved.

Post Thanks / Like

Try eBay, there are lots on childminder resources and you may get lucky! Try. Google search, please let me know if you find any good links, I have 4 more children starting October and I dread filling out diaries!

Post Thanks / Like

Would love if you found something too! Sure uou could make a fortune if you did we would all buy them!

Post Thanks / Like

Have a look at toucanlearn.co.uk might be. Com
    You fill in an online diary and the parents can log in to their child's page.
    I update parents through WhatsApp through the day. I have got a 'look what we are doing' group where I send pics and little comments and send individual pics with observations to parents. Then I can refer to that for my observations.
    Obviously get signed permission for this

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

You could get staples or a similar print shop to bind stuff you've printed for you?

Post Thanks / Like

Just opened my nursery world and found an advertisement for diaries, £2 each no minimum order, earlyyears.diary@butterflyprint.co.uk. Quote NWA1 when ordering and get 25% off!

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

I print my own (double sided) and put them in a clip folder, when there's too many pages for comfort, I take some out... maybe a terms worth and hole punch them and tie them for Mum/Dad to do what they will with :-) It works here and most parents love them. (if I don't want to write too much about their activities I will take a photo and put in... Pogo camera/printer so a nice size and easy to do)

Nov 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I use A4 paper with borders around which I downloaded from the internet -this weeks feet border.doc .
    I got fed up of writing in diaries (and never seeing them again...) that i devised these.
    My Early Year coordinator did say that,as there was no option for the parents to write anything back to me then i needed to keep a record of anything that the parents may pass onto me-I jot those details down in my own daily work diary.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are wanting different shaped bits of paper to write on how about going into pound shops and buying different shaped sticky notes? They come in different shapes and sizes x

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Adele,

Thanks for sharing

Kirstie

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked at using an App? I use one on my phone and for one parent just send an email at the end of the day and for another parent she has the App as well and can see during the day what her little one is doing.

You can log nappies/food/sleeps/activities/bottles etc, send messages and include photos. I love it and have saved so much time and parent love it as well. As it's on my phone I can update it immediately so if for example little one goes to sleep at play group I can note down the start and end time. (don't know if I can mention the name of the App on here?)