Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Do I/ Dont I?

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do I/ Dont I?

I decided a few months ago I go after school only but just had an email from. Rather desperate sounding mum of 7mth old twins. She can't find a CM with two spaces on the days she wants and as its school hours, term time only she figured I would have spaces. I'm assuming that the two under one rule could be broken for twins?

I could do it an do need the money BUT I don't like the idea of going back to stair gates etc. DH says to email back and say I will meet with her to discuss it. I know I'd enjoy it but I like the idea of not working during the day and not having to worry about EYFS etc.

What would you do?
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you probably have to think back why you decided to go school children only in the first place and whether if you took the twins on you would find yourself back in that place again. If it was not a good place for you then your decision should be to not go back, money isn't everything.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Daisy, maybe write a list of pros n cons? it might help you make the touhg decision x

4. Likes ziggy liked this post
    July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I would meet the Mum and the twins and see how you get on with them then make the decision - may be easier if you fall in love or NOT...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking after twins at the moment(4th set in 20yrs) & can I just say each stage goes so quickly you won't notice the stair gates etc as they do just grow up so fast. Also they make my days go very quick lol

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just because you take on one family doesn't mean you have to take on any more during the day - if you get any more enquiries you just decline saying sorry only have after school places/holiday only/or whatever places left

I think you have to seriously look at why you decided to give up daytime children, and then ask yourself if you are prepared to lose your new found freetime for the sake of the extra money?

Good luck with your decision

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

You could always say you will help them out but can't guarantee a long term commitment. If you start and decide its not what you want she is well aware you may want to stop at anytime. You could then say look its not what I want to do but will work for the next x amount of Time giving her more notice to fine someone else rather than your normal 4 weeks. You may find you love it tho .

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

I think along the same lines as munch149 but say you will help out for now but make it clear that they must continue to look for another childminder and you will be willing for them to move at no or very short notice that way you are earning some extra money you are not going back on your decision which l think you will regret if you do you have made the decision to not mind in the day stick to it and also you will be helping out a desperate family.