Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh goodness :(

Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

KEEP THAT TEXT.....

Really sorry you're going through this. It amazes me how people can be so awful. Try not to let it get to you although its really hard isnt it

Sending hugs
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

MM would only help me when the parent owed £100 but weren't interested in helping me get back anything less, do you have a late payment policy to add on charges to get the amount owed to over £100?

3. Likes loocyloo, shortstuff liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I'm going to call mm and OFSTED now. Still a little shaky and bottom lip keeps threatening to wobble but the kids are here and making me feel much better, no time to be upset!
    I do have late fee policy with 20% of daily fees but just thinking I should leave it to other parties now since, as much as I hate to admit, her threat has shaken me. I obviously have nothing to hide but I could do without the hassle and potential bad name.
    Hate that I feel like I've bowed under her pressure but its exhausted me, didnt sleep a wink last night!
    Kelly xx

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Kellyskidz sending you a big ((hug)), I have the exact same thing, unfortunately I didn't charge upfront either I am sending the lady a letter along with another invoice which includes the amount of late payment fees I could possibly charge, I'm more than happy to email you my letter if that helps|? as everyone says keep all texts, and make all your communications in writing, include the date on everything and keep copies of everything, inform Ofsted that you are expecting a complaint to be made due to the text she sent you and tell them its due to non payment of fees, they do get this a lot, so please try not to worry too much they are quite good at seeing through malicious complaintsxxx

6. Likes kellyskidz! liked this post
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhh, what I wouldn't give to have 5 minutes with this woman and let her feel the sharp end of my tongue!!!

What an awful woman! You wait, we will find a thread on... that place... saying "CM is taking me to court!"

I can't understand how someone could be so cold, how on Earth does she sleep at night!!!

I so hope she gets what is coming to her!

8. Likes kellyskidz! liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watgem View Post
    Kellyskidz sending you a big ((hug)), I have the exact same thing, unfortunately I didn't charge upfront either I am sending the lady a letter along with another invoice which includes the amount of late payment fees I could possibly charge, I'm more than happy to email you my letter if that helps|? as everyone says keep all texts, and make all your communications in writing, include the date on everything and keep copies of everything, inform Ofsted that you are expecting a complaint to be made due to the text she sent you and tell them its due to non payment of fees, they do get this a lot, so please try not to worry too much they are quite good at seeing through malicious complaintsxxx
    Yes please sending email,in p,. So good to hear its not just me going through this, although obviously I wouldn't wish this on anyone else because its horrible!
    Thanks to everyone again for advice xxxx
    Kelly xx

Simona Guest

Kellykidz..just to clarify that Ofsted do not get involved in 'financial affairs' in other words if parents owe you money it is not their remit to intervene
    The parent may complain to Ofsted but it will depend on what complaint she makes...money matters will not interest Ofsted

If you are owed £90 it will cost you much more just to start the Small Claims court proceedings and application...from memory I think it is £150 for the application
    Any court will try to get the 2 parties to resolve the issue outside because it is expensive for the court to go through the hearing...

This is a good time to review your contract and ensure you take 4 weeks deposit making clear it will be refunded after parents have given you notice and paid all outstanding fees...put it clearly in your contract, Terms and Conditions and invoice if you do one regularly

I am so worried that non payment of fees seems to come up over and over again...the only way to solve it is to cover yourself with a deposit...no one could ever rent a car, house or flat without a deposit...the same should apply for cms

Good luck

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar one once years ago again threatened ofsted. Got ncma involved was about to start small claims court then found out parents business had folded and was advised by ncma no point in proceeding with claim as parents not had any money due to business folding and i would be classed as another creditor. I am now very harsh no fee paid no childcare
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry that you are going through this, it's a horrible situation. A few years ago I had a parent who left owing me £150. I got very upset about it as well and to cut a long story short my partner called round to her house (they lived local) and politely asked if she would pay her outstanding fees. A few days later she sent her older child over with a cheque.
    I'm not sure if this would have the same result for you but perhaps seeing her face to face may make her realise how unreasonable she is being and she will do the right thing and pay you.
    Do you see her up at school or at a playgroup etc? Maybe if you asked her to pay you what she owed you in front of other people she would be more forthcoming.
    I really hope you feel better about the situation soon and manage to sleep tonight. We are all behind you
    X Alison

oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

My personal opinion?

Let it go. Chalk it up to experience and move on. I know that £90 is alot to lose but it really is not worth the heartache, loss of sleep etc.

Learn from it and don't make the same mistake again. Fees up front and no care from the day they are overdue.

Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

VILE WOMAN!!!!

Forget it, her, the money and the principles and charge fees in advance from now on!

Do NOT let this horrible witch ruin your days, nights or business! Something or someone will come along and bite her hard on the ass very soon, I assure you!!!!

I have spent many a night fretting over spiteful mothers who think we are here purely to be abused and treated like dirt!!! In TRUTH.....They are jealous! Jealous and guilt ridden because:

They can't/won't spent time with their children!!
    Their children love coming to us!
    Their children talk to them about us constantly!
    Their children are learning without them!

Please have a stiff drink tonight and put her and the whole situation out of your head! She's gone, no need to speak or deal with her again! Move on and take comfort from the fact that for every bit*h of a mother there's a lovely mother who thoroughly appreciates you, even if they don't always show it physically!!

15. Likes kellyskidz! liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would also phone the Police and record the fact that a threat has been made on the phone.

Stop Texting and write a letter.

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago I had a problem with a parent paying, I had bounced cheques and excuse after excuse. She phoned me one morning and said child wouldn't be coming anymore due to her temp job ending ( I didn't know her job was temp) and she would pay me. Because she didn't give any notice she ended up owing over £1000. Went through Pacey and this mother had declared herself bankrupt and had agreed to pay a certain amount to me and everybody else she owed money to each month. Never received a penny, she moved and they couldn't trace her. I know charge in advance, no money no care. A very expensive lesson. When I spoke to Pacey about it I said there should be some kind if register that theses parents are put on to stop them doing it to other, of course they can't do it because of"human rights"
    Mandy xx

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoken to insurance and OFSTED who were very kind (which obviously set me off weeping again lol) they said to write a letter and get proof of postage and to date it two weeks from today and if nothing's heard in that time to call them again, or if I need to in the meantime they are there.
    Feeling less upset now and more angry, what's the point in have a legal contract with her if she can get away without paying, she's manipulative and I'm SO sure, I'd put my life on it, that she's done this before to some other poor minder x
    Kelly xx

19. Likes shortstuff liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellyskidz! View Post
    Spoken to insurance and OFSTED who were very kind (which obviously set me off weeping again lol) they said to write a letter and get proof of postage and to date it two weeks from today and if nothing's heard in that time to call them again, or if I need to in the meantime they are there.
    Feeling less upset now and more angry, what's the point in have a legal contract with her if she can get away without paying, she's manipulative and I'm SO sure, I'd put my life on it, that she's done this before to some other poor minder x
    im glad you are feeling less upset x I hope the horrid woman sees sense soon x

21. Likes Goatgirl liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12