How many hours do you work each week?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How many hours do you work each week?

I have been minding 43 hours a week since May and I am on my knees. Due to people swapping about I am due to work 48 hours a week from September. I dont think i can manage so will have to give notice to one lovely family. Feeling glum. How many hours a week do the rest of you work?

Post Thanks / Like

At the minute about 40-50, I am off some Fridays so do a 40 hour week that week and if I work Fridays it's a 50 hour week

Think it depends on how it's spread though .. I only work 8-6, and most days finish at 530, I am lucky it's busy here and because I offer more outings than other minders people are flexible with me to get a space.. I won't work before 8 as my girls leave for school shortly after and I have had little ones arriving at 730/745 and its just been crazy so don't do it anymore. Girls have activities most nights at 6 and dh is usually home to take them but it allows me to if he isn't, plus it's good to have an evening! What's the hours you would be doing? Think that is important

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Around 55 hours per week, with 6 under 5 everyday. I love my weekends!

Post Thanks / Like

I work 7am - 6pm/6.30pm so approx 57 hours a week and I to am on my knees. Have 7 learning journals to complete along with all the usual paperwork. And apparently run my own house at the same time with my own two girls! It is a really heavy week and I am sleeping by 9pm latest on a Friday but I really need the money right now. I try to be as organised as possible and yes we do have the odd day where I say oh forget the planning lets just throw the rule book out the window and enjoy doing whatever we want! It's not easy. In fact its really flipping hard but the end is sight. I will be reducing my hours and not providing a dinner anymore and finishing at 5.30pm in September so will be working approx 52 hours per week. I would love to start the day at 8am but unfortunately its just not possible due to demand round here. xxx

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

46 hours a week on the holidays this includes 2 children 9 hours 4 days a week . Very long for them . I plan activities - difficult to go out as mindees come and go at diff hours - garden open when dry then they don't want to play out . . They aren't interested in anything i plan ( so ofsted wont be happy as given up planning too much:-( ) i must admit in the afternoons in the hols we do watch a DVD as breaks the day up. Looking forward to back to school as groups open and less children . My ds gets fed up having lots of children in the holidays . Its a long week :-( xx

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Term time I work about 40-45 the holidays are what kills me. I've been doing 65-70 hour weeks! I've helped a mum out & have been working every Saturday (apart from this one yay!!!).

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I start on Monday, 24 hours a week with just one little girl and pick her sister up from school so hopefully will ease me into it

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

'The rule book' says follow the children's interests so I would say have fun all the time and keep planning minimal.(and written planning even less)
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

9. Likes bindy liked this post
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

15 hrs for me!!! I'm a lazy after school only minder at the moment! I may need to take on some EY children though as I have a feeling I may get bored! However I worked 50 hrs a week and I can never go back to that! I'm thinking I may go to 25 hrs but definitely no more than that! I'm grouchy and horrible when I do more and my husband would probably divorce me!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

32 hourS and that's plenty with my own 4 kids also

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

About 30 hrs now but then I am an oldie. In my younger days I use to work 50-55 and with 3 children of my own and only 4 yrs between the 1st and 3rd -looking back now I don't know how I did it and I don't drive , use to have 9 children in total.........oh for the energy of youth!!! xx

13. Likes primula liked this post
    pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do 50 hours a week! 8am to 6pm 5 days a week! Would love to cut down but can't at the moment.

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! You guys really work hard. My 48 hours are spread over 5 days starting most days at 7.45 and finishing 5.30 everyday. I am full to bursting on 3 days but due to changes I will only have one child (my full timer) on 2 days a week. I have told the family that I won't be working on those 2 days and they are looking for other care. It's a shame because they are so nice. I have been struggling with back problems for a long time and just need to get off the rollercoaster for a couple of days a week.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do 40+ hours a week and I find by the end of the week the house looks such a state and spend the week-end tidying up ready to start again. My husband works offshore so when he is home we do try and have some family time. I am going to try and be a little more organised with paperwork etc after seeing Sarah's lovely guide she put on here about time management.
    Pixie Dust

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I currently do 55 hours a week...and one week in four I do a Saturday for 6 hours so that week is a 61 hour week...

I'm feeling it recently tho...not as young as I used to be lol and I'm finding that 31 is not a good age for me

I thoroughly enjoy my time off with my hubby and boys...

Are we counting time spent on paperwork too...cos that's a good 1-2 hours in an evening also...

Someone please remind me why I'm a childminder?!

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Just counted it up - 55 hours a week - no wonder I feel old and knackered most of the time!!

19. Likes Bumble Beez liked this post
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do 35 hours a week now and will be doing 45 hours a week from end September.

Three out of my 5 parents have asked if they can all change days and hours soon so this will change. I just hope I can fit them all in with their new hours!
    X

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I open at 8am and close at 6pm so guess thats 50hrs!!!! although baby some times doesnt come till 8.30 and may go at 5ish but is contracted 10hrs a day.

Luckily the mindees who are here full days sleep at least 2 hrs each afternoon, so if i'm really tired i read a book or watch rubbish tv while they nap.

Once all mindees have gone i have house to myself so dont need to worry about making dinner etc.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do 40 hours a week, spread over 10 hours a day Mon to Thurs.

I couldnt cope without my fridays off anymore, i need them to recharge, have some me time, clean the house, do paperwork and get ready for the weekend were i like to spend all saturday and sunday with my little family.

23. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I do roughly 36 hours a week over 4 days in term time, I couldn't cope without my Friday's off!

In holidays I do less, sometimes no hours. Depends how generous I feel lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast