What is required to childmind to 8+ only?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is required to childmind to 8+ only?

Hi there

I'm completely new to this. I'm trying to look into childminder to children over 8 only. More of a school run service. Could anyone give me any advice/point me in the right direction? Any tips would be appreciated!

Many thanks.

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

i would phone your local family info services for your areas info. or check the ofsted website.

personally have had 3 x over 8's id say you need nerves of steele lol and ear plugs. After my mat leave i wont ever be minding over 8's again.

x

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

You do not need to be registered with Ofsted. My friend got so fed up with Ofsted and all the paper work, she decided to do over 8's only. A shame really, she was very qualified to work with young children and babies. Anyway she loved it, got most of the day to her self and got has much money. She had quite a few! Personally I don't mind school children, I find them easy, off to the park after school, tea and then home time. Good luck!

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you can do what you like once they are over 8. This initially sounds like an easy life, however.....

It might be worth checking if you need to be on the Ofsted Voluntary Register in order to get insurance. Personally I wouldn't want to work without it as my I could loose everything if I got sued for something. There will be certain things you need to comply with in order to be on it however.

I would also ensure I had First Aid, so as I had the confidence to deal with an injured or v.ill child.

As a parent I wouldn't want to place my child with somebody without Insurance or First Aid.

I think both are vital for every bodies piece of mind. It also stops you looking like a money making racquet and afterschool holding pen

5. Likes bunyip liked this post
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    You do not need to be a registered childminder with ofsted but if i was you and to be legitimate if ur advertising??
    Get a crb check done
    Childrens first aid
    I would still have a contract and p&p's
    Business use on your car insurance
    Make sure you register as self-employed if you are getting paid.
    If you want to stick to over 8's this is all you really need, if you expend to lower age school children you will need to be registered.

7. Likes Tealady liked this post
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohh and public liability insurance is a necessity!!