Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I was fine until my buddy moved :-(

When sept comes and routine comes back it will all be fine. My big thing is hubby takes the car to work so can't make it to any other childminders outings.

Aug 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in a small village, don't use the car and no other childminders. I'm very rarely lonely though, I have now been childminding 23yrs and have become used to it. I can't imagine doing anything else!

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Its definitely the school holiday blues for me. Come Sept it will be mon, tue, thur and fri morning toddler group and thur morning starbucks visit before toddler group opens. There are always lots of people to talk to there I always struggle with the summer hols and can be sat in the house all day sometimes with no adult conversation at all.

Only 9 days left as mine go back on 29th and with B/H and a friday off when I look at it like that im quite excited...lol
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Definately did before I had my daughter but she's made me some great 'mummy friends' as i call them. I'm however feeling it a bit now in the holidays as all my groups have stopped. I normally go to a group Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and every other Wednesday but I'm having to find different things to do now and I find it harder when children centre workers aren't around (I have permission to leave children with them whilst I pop to the loo) especially as I have three under 18 months. Off to Zoo today with children centre and some friends today tho so should be a nice day (although busy and hectic lol)

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely, although I do make sure we get out everyday term time is better as groups as school runs so see other mums, think I'm just having down week, dd 18 isn't talking to me and I'm still not comfortable with her bf living here plus got abcess on tooth so in antibiotics although am ok to drink so having a vino although only country manor, took my two to zoo today which was no e but again no adult company, mtg a friend tomoro with ds and her girls and her gorgeous baby for a picnic need to snap out of it xx
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't feel lonely because I invite my friends with children round for a cuppa and a natter which breaks up the week, I've joined a childminding group, and toddler groups, but was does get to me sometimes is It would be quite nice once in a while to get an invite to my friends houses just for a change of scenery!!!!

Oct 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi i was very lonely to begin and i considered if cm was for me.. Since i have started going to the same groups every week where i have made friends (most are cms) i now know all the local mindees and we all go for coffees or park together so mon-fri we are always out. X

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi supermummy where in London are you?

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smileyface View Post
    Hi supermummy where in London are you?
    South east London (Lambeth)

Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Chance would be a fine thing!!

DH is of work with a broken hand and is driving me nuts!!

Gets in shower in morning, just when I'm about to!
    Decides to cook a fry up at exactly the same hour parents arrive with children
    Sits on iPad Moaning about noise
    Potters around garden moaning about mess
    Comes in from a walk moaning about nappy smells
    Decides to make a sandwich whilst I'm in the middle of preparing mindees lunch
    Tells me I'm bossy when I ask mindees to stop fidgeting about and sit still whilst they eat
    Moans about wee in a potty that has been there less than 10min
    Complains about how often the house needs hoovering!!

Glad all my carving knives are blunt!!

OH TO BE LONELY!!

I WISH I WAS!!

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean. When I met murphf we did talk about you. We wished you were closer to Dublin. When I moved out of London I had s friend here but recently I have really started to
    Meet others and talk during the day. It was the same when I was a nanny. It takes time but it is hard.

12. Likes ziggy liked this post
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

ah well if only a bit of being alone was only problem, as just posted found out yesterday my landlady is selling house so more to worry about now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    ah well if only a bit of being alone was only problem, as just posted found out yesterday my landlady is selling house so more to worry about now
    Ah no Ziggy you aren't that long there are you?! Sure while you are moving come move by me, lots of work around here!!! Seriously hope it works out ok, is there much rented accommodation near you to choose from?

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post
    Ah no Ziggy you aren't that long there are you?! Sure while you are moving come move by me, lots of work around here!!! Seriously hope it works out ok, is there much rented accommodation near you to choose from?
    yes luckily there are a few, my first instinct was to find somewhere asap but now i've decided to take my time, house going up for sale 1st september and will be shocked if it sells quickly plus my contract doesnt end till 1st november so i panicking a lot less tonight

thanks for your support, much appreciated xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12