Thread: Fort Nelson

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fort Nelson

Hi All

Have any of you that are on the south coast enjoyed time at fort nelson yet?

It is a free venue to get into but apparently they are under review as they dont have enough visitors.

It would be a really sad day if the review wasnt favourable as its great there. You get to look around at will and even here cannons firing. We got to watch a slingshot get fired too.

My point? Please if you can start using it as a venue. There are lots of opportunities for observations and activities. You can even practice semaphore x

For those who havent heard of this place it is just outside Portsmouth on Portsdown Hill Road just by Fareham.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post
    Hi All

Have any of you that are on the south coast enjoyed time at fort nelson yet?

It is a free venue to get into but apparently they are under review as they dont have enough visitors.

It would be a really sad day if the review wasnt favourable as its great there. You get to look around at will and even here cannons firing. We got to watch a slingshot get fired too.

My point? Please if you can start using it as a venue. There are lots of opportunities for observations and activities. You can even practice semaphore x

For those who havent heard of this place it is just outside Portsmouth on Portsdown Hill Road just by Fareham.
    Yes I'm originally from Portsmouth and you can see it from pretty much anywhere as Portsmouth is flat! Went there quite a long time ago. Did my driving lessons over that hill.....some nice hill starts!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MTK007 View Post
    Yes I'm originally from Portsmouth and you can see it from pretty much anywhere as Portsmouth is flat! Went there quite a long time ago. Did my driving lessons over that hill.....some nice hill starts!
    Oooh hill starts lol I bet they were fun up there x

It would be a big shame if they either had to start charging or close x

Im from southampton originally so havent moved far.

4. Likes Rick liked this post
    Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

We love Fort Nelson. Have been quite a few times but unfortunately at the moment have too many to fit in the car

The children love the tunnels underneath and the older ones are interested in the cannons etc.

It would be a shame if they had to close. I remember last time we went it said free but asked for a donation if you felt you enjoyed your day there. We did give them a donation but I suspect a lot of people don't. Just a couple of quid would be some help to them

6. Likes shortstuff liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe we should meet next time and have a giggle x