Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Sep 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks Gail, this letter sounds much better than mine. I'm terrible with letters. Thank you kindly for your help xxx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chello View Post
    Thanks Gail, this letter sounds much better than mine. I'm terrible with letters. Thank you kindly for your help xxx
    You are very welcome, just remember if you are writing a letter relating to a business matter you need to keep personal stuff out of it like feeling and similar. Keep it factual and to the point. I always imagine how I would like it to be written to me, if that helps.

Sep 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post
    You are very welcome, just remember if you are writing a letter relating to a business matter you need to keep personal stuff out of it like feeling and similar. Keep it factual and to the point. I always imagine how I would like it to be written to me, if that helps.
    Thanks Gail, will do. xx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post
    agree with Gail hon, though I've done similar - written what I felt, then gave to hubby who told me what I should put I edited it of course but it actually made me feel good to get it all down (how I felt etc) but very glad I never sent that version
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to say I hope you get this situation sorted. You dont deserve to be treated so disrespectfully. Give the parent the letter that has been written for you and please find the confidence to stand up for yourself. Your parent sounds like a nightmare! Good luck hun and let us know how youve got on

Sep 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    agree with Gail hon, though I've done similar - written what I felt, then gave to hubby who told me what I should put I edited it of course but it actually made me feel good to get it all down (how I felt etc) but very glad I never sent that version
    Thanks Juggler, that why I always ask for help. Lol, I do feel a lot better too when I written it all down though

7. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chello View Post
    Thanks Juggler, that why I always ask for help. Lol, I do feel a lot better too when I written it all down though
    you do because you are verablising your feelings but in a way that won't affect your relationship with her or your business. just getting it all out helps
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Sep 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tigwig View Post
    I just wanted to say I hope you get this situation sorted. You dont deserve to be treated so disrespectfully. Give the parent the letter that has been written for you and please find the confidence to stand up for yourself. Your parent sounds like a nightmare! Good luck hun and let us know how youve got on
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's only right you leave that letter too.

It's far too long & in parts very personal - I found it a little intimidating too. You no doubt didn't mean it to be like that at all but that's my personal take on it.

Letters must always be short and to the point.

It's evident that you were upset and writing it down sometimes helps get it off your chest. It's great you have reflected on this afterwards before taking any action as this shows deep down you weren't 100% about the letter as it stands too.

Sending a letter like that would go on to cause alot more upset and hassle than it would be worth.

Keep it short an to the point.

If they are taking the p don't just stand for it.

Talk to them first and if nothing improves put it in writing and keep a copy of it for your records too.

Hope things work out ok for you x

P.S - I've only really read your first post and skimmed through the others it's late and I'm in need of zzzz's so if Ive missed a little here an there - it is midnight with a beautiful 6am alarm set :/

Goodnight folks xxx

11. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsh3103 View Post
    Dear xxxxx
    As per our conversation on Friday 2nd August 2013. We have agreed that until xx date xxxxx's new contracted hours will be xx-xx on (day) xx-xx on (day) and xx-xx on (day). Hourly fee of £xx, daily fee of £xx, Weekly total of £xx. After xxxxx date our contract will revert to the original days and hours of ......... (list them). Weekly total of £xx.
    Unfortunately I am unable to make alternative childcare arrangements for you, however, I will gladly assist you in finding alternative care when needed.
    I am happy to renegotiate our contract at any time but please be aware that there are certain days/ hours I am unable to offer childcare.

We really enjoy having xxxx here and I hope we are able to come to a mutually convenient solution.

Please let me know if you would like to discuss this matter further and we will try to find a mutually convenient time to do so.

Kind Regards
    xxxxxxx

I think you need to keep ALL personal feelings out of the letter. Kepp it professional & straight to the point I hope that helps??
    Thumbs up!!!
    Great letter!!

Very positive & supportive - but most of all clear & to the point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12