Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default innappropriate clothing?

I dont know if I'm being over fussy but one of my mindees, a 10 year old girl turned up this morning wearing a completely see through yellow mesh top with a black bra underneath. The girl has not started developing physically yet (but is very forward in other ways). I asked her what her mum thought (she lives nearby and comes round on her own) and she said her mum said it was ok as long as she had her bra on. Its an adult type bra too, not even a teen girly one. I felt self conscious taking her to the park in case people were looking at her. Am I being prudish...I really dont know, but I dont like it.
    Julie X X

Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be happy with that and would have a word with mum about what is appropriate clothing when in your care!
    I'm sure school wouldn't accept it and neither would a school holiday club. Worryingly, what is the mother thinking!!! At 10 I don't expect a child to wear anything frumpy, but there's fashionable stuff that's more age appropriate in my opinion!

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't have been happy either! Does mum actually know? Up until I was 16 I wasn't allowed to wear a skirt that was shorter than to my knees so I put a longer one on top, when out of sight of the house I'd take the top one off.

4. Likes QualityCare liked this post
    Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsh3103 View Post
    I wouldn't have been happy either! Does mum actually know? Up until I was 16 I wasn't allowed to wear a skirt that was shorter than to my knees so I put a longer one on top, when out of sight of the house I'd take the top one off.
    REBEL !! lol

6. Likes bindy liked this post
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Only one of the many rebellious things I did as a kid. My kids will never be able to get one over on me hahaha

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be happy about that, but I guess mum bought the clothes in the first place so probably doesn't see anything wrong with them.

Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh gosh! I would not be happy either.

Maybe send out a reminder news letter about appropriate clothing relating to activities/trips you be doing as a subtle way to say her clothes were not ok? Xx
    Amanda's Little Pandas Childminding

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't have been happy either. I would say to mum that's it's a safeguarding issue, if you're out and about at the park then she's giving out all the wrong signals and is making her vulnerable to adults, especially if she's walking to your house by herself. Could you ask mum to bring a spare set of decent clothes to keep at your house, tell mum it's in case of messy play, or maybe just buy a charity shop t-shirt to keep at yours in case she's wearing something like that again.
    It's not your fault in any anyway but if she's wearing clothes like that when you're out it's not really a good advertisement for your business so I'd talk to mum now and sort it out.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't like it either but god knows how you'd deal with that. Hope u get it sorted x