Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: glad thats over

Registered Childminder since
    may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default glad thats over

so my mindees mum came to pick up the things she had left here buggy etc..
    was so rude didn't even look at me I handed everything to her and printed a new bill so said ill put that in the bag if u like she snatched it off me and clearly wanted to look even though I had told her how much she owed me I hate the bad feeling.
    anyway before this I text her this morning and said so we are both happy u get your stuff i require cash today which it wasn't said in a nasty way got a text from the dad to say he will pay into my bank later which i obviously will be checking i didn't really want to give stuff back without payment but she was already coming round which when i gave her everything she didn't even say bye so rude yes i made a mistake by taking him to the doctors with my son but i took him to toddler groups the indoor play area which i said to her i never charged for beginging to think i wish i had but told her i didn't want paying for them as i enjoy it and its part of my job.
    I hate to think that shes still cross with me and hope she doesn't contact Ofsted also.
    I didn't even sleep last night through worrying about it but im done now thinking about it im going away to chessington this week and cant wait just me husband and my two children.
    that's it like chatting on here instead of running on to husband as people on here understand and possible relate to rude parents.

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry missed original post but did she get upset cos you took her child to docs?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When my 2 were young I often took childminded children on appointments with us! We made it fun - we learned about the doctor / dentist, got leaflets for role play, talked about what was happening etc. It was all fully risk assessed and parents never saw it as a problem!

So sorry you have been upset Kim x

4. Likes AliceK, watgem liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I'm getting what this is all about. Was there an earlier post? x

may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by munch149 View Post
    Sorry missed original post but did she get upset cos you took her child to docs?
    yes wrote on here a couple of days ago my son had tonsillitis which I didn't know and lo was here when the appointment was I was in and out within 10mins and told the mum that I take him to toddler groups etc.. but she got very annoyed and stopped bringing him.
    gotta check bank in bit fingers crossed he's paid

may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola Carlyle View Post
    Not sure I'm getting what this is all about. Was there an earlier post? x
    yes posted on here a couple of days ago mum was annoyed that I didn't tell her my son tonsillitis and that I didn't call her to say my son had it.

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kims kingdom View Post
    yes wrote on here a couple of days ago my son had tonsillitis which I didn't know and lo was here when the appointment was I was in and out within 10mins and told the mum that I take him to toddler groups etc.. but she got very annoyed and stopped bringing him.
    gotta check bank in bit fingers crossed he's paid
    How sad, sorry to hear she has got so upset over that, hope it's all over soon and you get paid.

I have often taken children to appointments with me, although i always let parents know first.

may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    How sad, sorry to hear she has got so upset over that, hope it's all over soon and you get paid.

I have often taken children to appointments with me, although i always let parents know first.
    yep def gonna do that in future def learnt a few mistakes this last week x

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

yep def gonna do that in future def learnt a few mistakes this last week x
    if it wasnt for the parents this job would be fun lol

11. Likes kims kingdom liked this post
    feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE="ziggy;1276990"]

if it wasnt for the parents this job would be fun lol[/QUOTE

I say this sooo often!! Would be so much easier and less stressful at times without parents lol

13. Likes kims kingdom liked this post
    may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default all paid

just checked bank all paid so that's it my second mindee left bring on the next one!!

15. Likes Goatgirl liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

just checked bank all paid so that's it my second mindee left bring on the next one!!
    Glad they paid up ok - parent removing child seems a very extreme reaction to you not telling her you thought your son had tonsillitus and you had made doctor appointment though.

Hope you get someone else soon.

may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Glad they paid up ok - parent removing child seems a very extreme reaction to you not telling her you thought your son had tonsillitus and you had made doctor appointment though.

Hope you get someone else soon.
    Thank u hectors house nice to hear it from someone else now I don't feel that bad.
    I hope so x

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely extreme reaction! Glad u got

Paid ..
    Onwards and upwards xx

19. Likes kims kingdom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, at my chip course, our trainer said that the only thing that we shouldn't take children to is a smear test lol.. Apart from that, as long as parents are aware, use this as an activity and as someone has already said, pick up info for role play :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I think that's a tad extreme!! But then again anyone this temperamental you don't need anyway, there would have been problems further down the line for sure! Chin up. You'll find someone else soon! Everything happens for a reason

22. Likes kims kingdom liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodness me if a parent removed a chikd everytime we had an unexpected doctors or hospital appointment I'd have none left. It's a home from home environment, a second family which involves things like unexpected trips to the doctors. Glad she wasn't one of my parents.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If you'd called and told her you weren't working cos your son was ill and you were taking him to the drs, she might well have complained that you were unreliable and left anyway - there are some people you just can't please whatever you do. Glad they've paid up, as you say, on to the next ones and hope their parents have better manners.

25. Likes kims kingdom liked this post
    aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I have taken mindees the doctors, dentist with me as others have said it is a home from home environment ,

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had to take mindees to emergency vets. They loved it & parents had no complaints at all.
    Lynn xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast