Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

My father was a very polite man would never ever swear. Then i turned old enough to ride on the back of his motor bike. My mother then had words with me that i was never ever to repeat anything i heard my father say when on the bike as daddys just went daddys when on the road. I think i have only heard him swear on his bike in my whole life.

I dont agree with swearing in front of children my brother and sil do it in front of theirs and i tell them off when they do it in front of me. Really irritates me that they do it but then tell her off and send her to her room when she does she is only 4 they need to be leading by example.

Post Thanks / Like

The worst part is I think he's the sort of person to teach her it. Like its not bad enough just saying it in front of her :-/ ah well

Jan 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a little girl who as she was pulling away in mums car told me to '#@ck off' using the arm movements as she did it. Mum laughed and drove away. I spoke to mum the next day and she brushed it off. Now the little one has started playschool and I spoke to the keyworker about the language and they also brushed me off and said 'not here she will not' and laughed. Not laughing now!!! She tells the teachers to @/off and much more..plus other kids.i see trouble ahead!..I am the only setting she attends were no bad language is used, she knows I have never allowed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentTink View Post

I am not sure why this is not acceptable, we use the word knackered as part of our daily language. What am i missing?

Is this just a word that is used differently in different parts of the country? In Liverpool this is a commonly used word to describe being worn out/tired/shattered
    I remember saying that at high school once, I got really told off, I didn't know it was offensive! She said it meant "tired after sexual activity!!" I nearly wet myself laughing! Got detention for that!! Lol

Just depends on the person as people I'm friends with now still say it and so do I, I'm in the south!! I obviously never learnt my lesson

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I u knackered regularly and don't think anyone where I live would think anything of it.

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

The other night I took my 16 yr old daughter and 3yr old son out for tea.

There was another family in the family eating area and they were sat in the booth behind us and her conversation could be heard, she was obviously a nursery worker. They had two children of their own, a boy of about 5 and a baby girl of about 8 months.
    My son is at the stage where he just asks none stop questions, he is also not in the slightest bit shy so will talk to any one. He asked her why cbeebies had finished and she replied " because it's passed your bed time and I'm knackered!" I couldn't believe it. I know it's not exactly a swear word but my son repeats every thing he hears and I just don't think its a word that should be used to a three year old. Especially from a woman that obviously works with young children all day. She was I. Her late thirties as well so not some young thing that doesn't know any better...

Maybe it's just me but some words are just to horrid to come out of a child's mouth.
    I have issues with children saying fart as well.
    I must just be a grumpy old woman...

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my mindees is constantly repeating things she hears, out of context.

She told her mum that her dad had shot me in the head. She's also told me that dad took her to the moon. She reckons I took her to Legoland last week and I've never been anywhere near the place. Another mindee heard this, took the story home and then I had his mum complaining that I was showing preferential treatment (she seriously believed I was running Legoland trips out of my own pocket, and excluding her little darling. )

She says that mummy "drowns" her, when she means she doesn't like having her hair rinsed after washing. She picked up the term "kicking butt" when winning a game, and has told mum that I kick her butt, my other mindees kick her butt, etc. etc.

What worries me is that social services might have a field day.

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    One of my mindees is constantly repeating things she hears, out of context.

She told her mum that her dad had shot me in the head. She's also told me that dad took her to the moon. She reckons I took her to Legoland last week and I've never been anywhere near the place. Another mindee heard this, took the story home and then I had his mum complaining that I was showing preferential treatment (she seriously believed I was running Legoland trips out of my own pocket, and excluding her little darling. )

She says that mummy "drowns" her, when she means she doesn't like having her hair rinsed after washing. She picked up the term "kicking butt" when winning a game, and has told mum that I kick her butt, my other mindees kick her butt, etc. etc.

What worries me is that social services might have a field day.
    this made me giggle...

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samijanec View Post
    this made me giggle...
    I did a safeguarding workshop recently where the trainer insisted "you must always believe children's reports of things that go on at home and other settings."

I did ask whether I should record "daddy taking child to zero-oxygen atmosphere" as a 'concern'.

Either it's me, or the rest of the world's gone crazy.

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post

I did a safeguarding workshop recently where the trainer insisted "you must always believe children's reports of things that go on at home and other settings."

I did ask whether I should record "daddy taking child to zero-oxygen atmosphere" as a 'concern'.

Either it's me, or the rest of the world's gone crazy.
    I think a lot of the things children say have to be taken with a pinch of salt, they constantly mix things up nd come up with the oddest of things. Don't get me wrong if I was concerned I'd record what they were saying but mostly ey just say the funniest things...

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'm always I'm knackered ( as in tired) its the norm round here didn't even know it meant anything else?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

'Knackered' '******' and '****** hell' are 3 words I've had to remove from my everyday vocab. Although bought up down here the northern part of my family say these things without blinking an eye and I've always thought it normal. Since becoming a CM I've learnt not to use them.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Bu**er *blo*dy'

Oct, 87
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

When children hear swear and not appropriate words everyday they have no understanding what is right and wrong! It makes our job very difficult to try and teach them what is acceptable!
    I have a few friends how are teachers and over the years children's bad language has become worse!

Carol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12