never ever stopping a child sleep ever ever again
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default never ever stopping a child sleep ever ever again

Mummy dropped mindee at 9.30 saying she hadnt had breakfast, knowing full well we leave for toddler group at about this time

Child (she was 2 in April) is supposedly potty trained and in pull ups but with no spare clothes.

Then as she goes out of door she mentions that child isnt allowed to sleep now. She suggested if child gets tired to give her something to eat.

So when other mindees went for their nap at 2pm this mindee climbed into buggy, she fell asleep without her dummy!!.

At 2.30 i woke her and she cried till mummy arrived at 3.15.

Mummy comes in and tells me she has signed up to do a childcare course in September, if i wasnt so cross I would have laughed.

Mindee only comes one day a week so in future i will let her sleep, I will be giving notice in July any where as new baby wants the extra day

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe she will learn on her course that we are not allowed to not let a child sleep. Silly woman. I hate it when parents try to tell me not to let their child sleep They usually need to look closer to home at the childs bedtime routine (or lack of it) as to why they are having problems.

xxxx

3. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You cannot stop a child from sleeping if it needs to, it would probably constitute a form of abuse!

5. Likes christine e, ziggy liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a near 3 yr old and have had them since they were 6 mths so I know him quite well After Christmas mum said he doesn't need a day time sleep anymore, we just have a quite time. Ok. this is a child who has always had a good day time sleep with no problems at all.

So after two days the child is crawling the walls, not sleeping well at home and is asleep here by 9am

We played this game for months. He still wants a sleep but just has it in the morning! I have told mum that as he is going to am Nursery in Sept I will gradually get him to have this sleep after lunch otherwise he will fall asleep at school

The used to be a very good document on sleep in the Free Downloads on here I know I have given it to a few parents over the years.

Sleep deprivation is a form or torture and it never helps a child to sleep better at night.

7. Likes ziggy, Lilylulu liked this post
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a boy2 1/4. He didn't sleep at night and would sleep for 2 hours if let. Got him down to just over an hour. Hard to wake but is sleeping well at night. He is so much happier and more easy to look after. Trying to balance pArents wishes and child's needs can be do hard.

9. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love hearing other minders experience on this one. I have resorted to fibbing about how long child has slept for.
    If this particular child doesn't sleep they are cranky as hell, disruptive and falls all over the place.

11. Likes ziggy, rickysmiths, AliceK, Kerry1981 liked this post