Likes Likes:  59
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Decembe
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents phoning to say "can you just make sure to wash their hands cos I dont want them getting colds" Cos otherwise they wouldnt wash their hands all day??

Putting the sweetest dress AND shoes on, then commenting they have sand, muck, etc on them, and how did they scuff their new shoes ?? Is it a fashion show or do you want your child your child to play ?? You cant have both

Decembe
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellyskidz! View Post
    OH also, when they talk to you through their kids.
    Hello darling, oh aren't you messy today, did Kelly not put an apron on you?
    Or, lets ask Kelly if you can stay a little later tomorrow shall we?
    HELLO I'm right here! Speak to me!
    Or "would you like to go to Chriss's house tomorrow and play ?" Well NO because you are not booked in so dont assume. Ask me first and dont put me on the spot in front of your child who will get upset if I say no !! Grrrr

3. Likes kellyskidz! liked this post
    Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents who serve you notice because they're not happy with the way lo is settling and then ask you to have them for the whole of the notice period (which you reduced, incase they wanted to leave immediately) whilst they look for a nursery instead!!!

Parents who tell you that the health visitor said this, the health visitor said that......everything that contradicts the advice given by the child-minder.......worth pointing out, that we speak often as parents too and from experience, not an NHS script, to avoid us being sued!!!!

Parents who firmly believe that you leave their lo to cry for hours without attempting to soothe them! Yeah right, like I want my neighbours to report me and for my ears to bleed!!!! We do our best, but without an off switch, it's up to each lo, when they decide to stop!!

Parents that don't give settling in a chance and then automatically assume that nursery is the only option because there are more staff and lo can be attended to more frequently!

I'VE HAD A BAD WEEK!!!

5. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents who send their child in long sleeved T-shirt & thick jogging bottoms and then comment on how it's 21degrees today. Now to dig out some of my ds old shorts & tshirts ahhhhhh

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Jumpsuits!!!!!!! Have to get child naked before you can change nappy!

8. Likes kellyschildcare, AliceK liked this post
    Apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents who have sent their child with the same thing everyday for lunch since they started with me last September and are surprised that the child no longer wants to eat it.

10. Likes chriss, suzyjane73 liked this post
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Flip flops

X has a cold again. Who at yours has given it to them?

I am going to home school - It's such a shame that there are only younger children to play with at yours now the others have started school??!!

My Mummy says I can ....

We want them to run round naked so they get the feel of getting wet when they wee. - Not at my house you are not.

Doctor says my child has E-coli. What do you mean they can't come?

As you would be working on Christmas Eve for us anyway would you drive my family to Heathrow? (No thought of the 5 seat car, my 2 children, my other 3 mindees!)

They have been naughty at home so I don't want you to give them any treats or do nice things with them!!!!!!!!!!

Sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

"So my child has been sent home from school with diarrhoea and has to stay away for 48hrs. Can they stay with you instead?" Errrr, let me think about that one.... As it was your child who hadn't stayed away from here last time he had a bug & caused me to close for the first time in 10 years when I caught it..... NO!!!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

When parents forget LO's jacket then tell you it looks like rain outside!

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Calling my house phone at 6.30am because I didn't answer my mobile. 'Sorry to call so early but I knew you'd be up'
    Actually for the 1st time in a very long time my lovely children were still asleep & I was in bed!

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sending a child in lace up trainers and they can't do them up. He unlaced them when thinking about his behaviour.

16. Likes AliceK liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

People who can't read information!

Everything I advertise has which school I pick up from yet I get numerous phone calls a day asking me if I do such and such a school, usually miles away from me anyway!

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsh3103 View Post
    The parent who gets you to pick their child up from school as she couldn't possibly get there in time. Yes I see you drive past the school while I'm stood there in the pouring rain. (I am getting paid so shouldn't really complain)
    Lol!! I've got one of those x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Baby girl of 8 months who has learnt to commando crawl everywhere...parent sends in white and pink lacy dress and leggings and then says 'oh you've got so grubby today' hmmmmm!

Oh and when a parent of a little one who bum shuffles complains about grass stains on his jeans? Oh dear lord...

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh keep thinking of more...love this thread :P
    Child who I take to school, arrives at 8am and goes to school at 9...don't collect him and parent who turns up and says 'can you just fill his cup with juice cos I've ran out at home' um.....no especially when you ask everyday!
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents who's language is highly inappropriate at home, when i see them out and when dropping off and then complains when little one has said a naughty word....did he pick that up from yours Sarah? I'm thinking ummm no!
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good dec11
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents who arrive 10 minutes late - I'm stood by mg car waiting to go to school to pick others up in 5 minutes - and say I am I late! Er yeh!

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good dec11
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents who send their child with no coat when I have 3 school runs to do! And say oh iv forgot the coat and its going to rain.......and!! What exactly so you want me to do about that!!

24. Likes AliceK liked this post
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents who turn up 10mins before the school run with their child still in pj's "we over slept, I'm going to be late for work here are his clothes"

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents of schoolies who ask months before holidays if i can take 3 children for 3 mornings a week. Then one or other of the children dont like my 'rules' and dont want to come again after first day. Parent finds 'friend' to take children, then it doesnt work out so comes back to me!!!

And WHY on earth am i so soft and allow her to do it????????

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast