Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  59
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doris127 View Post
    Parents that think converse baseball boots are suitable footwear - they are a nightmare!

Parents that send children in dungarees when they are toilet training - or even better the ones that put braces on a wee boy then put a jumper on top and didn't tell me. Poor wee boy got really confused when his trousers kept pinging back up when he went to the loo!
    Omg!!!! Fully just lol'd !!

2. Likes doris127 liked this post
    dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

The parents who insist there child is not ill even though they've been up all night with them screaming and a high temp, but it's ok I checked there temp before I left the house and it's ok but he will be abit grizzly.......grrrrrr. Oh yes and it's just teething, even when it's clearly not, grrrrrr some more. X

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What grates me......

Parents that put there 15 month old toddler in designer blouses that are too small with a million buttons!

Parents that put there 15 month old toddler in white rights, white t-shirt, white dress and ****** white shoes then get narky when she goes home black because been playing in the garden

5. Likes doris127, Bob liked this post
    Sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a 4 yr old at the moment with winter lace up boots and can't master laces yet. Grrr! I hate it when parents arrive with schoolies 15 mins before we leave for school announcing that they haven't applied sun cream yet as they thought I could apply it just before we leave (only I'm getting 11 children ready to leave. If I had to do that with every one we'd be late) grrrr! I hate it when parents arrive with littlies full of the joys of spring & just happen to forget to mention the little one had been sick all night, which the children are always so proud to announce within 10 mins of arriving. Home they go. Grrrr!

Sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

And the father who announces they don't want their son to sleep in the afternoon anymore as they don't at home. Poor little dab is exhausted by nap time. I told him there wasn't a hope I'd agree to keep him up & they can often need a sleep at Childminders as there's so much going on & they're constantly on the go. When mum picks up she happens to mention how he sleeps for 3 hours on the days he's home with dad & he only sleeps for an hour here! Grrr!

8. Likes Bob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The mum who asks if her child has picked up new bad habits from my own child.
    Parents who arrive early in the morning then want to chat for 10 mins.
    The mum who feels the need to tell me to only give her baby cooled boiled water and not tap water.
    The dad who says that they will pick up at 4 but doesn't turn up till nearly 5.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

how about the parents whose children have no rules or restrictions at home so struggle when they go to any kind of setting? oh but they only misbehave with you, thats because im here to provide care for more than just their darling

11. Likes watgem liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh and CROCS! !!!!

13. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    July 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents who have been to the doctors because LO has sore mouth and gets told it's thrush possibly due to too much milk from a bottle. But no can't be that must be an allergy to the new bottles so brings 2 1/2 year old with bottle of milk! What does the doctor know!

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good dec11
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents who say child is trained yet child continues to wee for the past year! Parent says child is dry at home!!!
    Parent who says child can self fees with fork and spoon but child continues to eat with hands at 30 months and makes a huge mess!
    Parents who say child cannot sleep at all even after getting up at 5:15 and has a go at me when child has fell asleep in car! (Hang on a minute il just avert my eyes from driving whilst I entertain your child in the car!!)
    Parent who says child hasn't eaten breakfast and can I give him some 10 minutes before leaving for school and when I don't provide breakfast anyway!!

I'm enjoying this .........
    Parent who sends child in summer clothes cos its sunny outside! But no coat forgetting it may rain or get cold!
    Parent who send child in and mention that there in pants for the first time!!! Expecting you to potty train them!

Wow that felt good! Keep it going!

16. Likes watgem, Jane K, unalindura77 liked this post
    Sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

This is great therapy!

18. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natalieatk View Post
    Parent who says child hasn't eaten breakfast and can I give him some 10 minutes before leaving for school and when I don't provide breakfast anyway!!
    I had this and I explained that I don't do breakfast as in the morning I don't have time to sit and feed a baby until we get to playgroup.
    The next week same parent arrived (early) with a bowl of cereal saying I know you don't have time so I will feed him here then proceeded to feed him - in MY HOUSE GETTING IN MY WAY. I have never felt so uncomfortable in my life. I think she just thought I was being awkward by saying I don't have time to feed him.

Post Thanks / Like

Omg and when a parent drives child around at night ie early hours because u give them treats to stop them crying then they want them all night then they are miserable :-//// madness

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

When a parent can't see that their child has put their clothes on back to front!

22. Likes Bear23 liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    When a parent can't see that their child has put their clothes on back to front!
    My dd used to do that. But because she dressed herself I used to leave her!

When a parent doesn't remove artwork and letters from bag a week later !

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

When parents don't pay on time, yet when you drive past the local pub- there they are, drink in hand!
    When parents linger... Drives me crazy! Their child's getting more and more upset and they keep coming back for 'one last hug' just go, they're laughing their heads off 2 seconds after you leave!
    Parents moaning about paint on clothes, 'don't you have aprons' yes but they're not bodysuits, I can't help a bit of paint on a sleeve

Saying this though, that's all I can think of- my parents aren't bad really, I think I'd be a more moaning parent than any of them lol

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

OH also, when they talk to you through their kids.
    Hello darling, oh aren't you messy today, did Kelly not put an apron on you?
    Or, lets ask Kelly if you can stay a little later tomorrow shall we?
    HELLO I'm right here! Speak to me!

26. Likes Bear23, chriss liked this post
    aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

When child goes home on a Friday tea time never bothering about to toilet i then get a phone call just before pre school pick up to say. child is now out of nappies at home and would I put him in his underpants at mine as he is not ready to go without nappy at school yet ;( , well I try and no success pee all over my carpets , speak to mum at drop off her reply yes he does forget when in underpants we just let him run round with nothing on here ..... Well he won't be doing that at mine tried for 2 weeks but now back in underpants

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

When mum drops lo off & says 'ooooo I think he did a poo in the car on the way here, I'll leave that one for you hahaha'. I go to change his nappy & it quite clearly happened way before they got in the car to do the 5min journey to my house!!!!!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Scrubbit View Post
    I'm on a roll now!....... parents who send spag bol in for their new self feeders and informing me that they only have it when they come to me because they cause such a mess!!!x
    Maybe you just keep everything so clean Mrs Scrubbit
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast