Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What really grates on me is

Parents who let their kids stay up until any hour and have no bedtime routine, swapping beds and getting up in the night at various times leaving me with two extremely tired children. Grumpy,arguing, not eating lunch, and then a wasted afternoon with children asleep on sofa!! Trying to get them motivated is a nightmare.
    These children are 3 and 4. Both different families. One starts school in September, no idea how she's going to cope staying awake all day

It's amazing what a good bedtime routine does....aarrggghh....sleep at night not here!!!!!!!

;p
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    Parents who let their kids stay up until any hour and have no bedtime routine, swapping beds and getting up in the night at various times leaving me with two extremely tired children. Grumpy,arguing, not eating lunch, and then a wasted afternoon with children asleep on sofa!! Trying to get them motivated is a nightmare.
    These children are 3 and 4. Both different families. One starts school in September, no idea how she's going to cope staying awake all day

It's amazing what a good bedtime routine does....aarrggghh....sleep at night not here!!!!!!!

;p
    Frustrating isn't it when parents don't back up the good things you are trying to do.

Post Thanks / Like

How about when you are trying to wean children off dummies and they arrive with them in their mouth. You take it off them and they are fine all day but when mum gets here they cry so dummy goes straight it.
    How about the mum who says little un didn't sleep last night so we are all tired. Please don't let them sleep today.
    how about the child who arrives poorly and you are told yo just sit tgem on the couch in front of the telly all day. Oh ok I haven't got others who need to get out.
    The mother of a 15 month old who wants to potty train.
    The children who are sent without appropriate clothing.
    The parents who say I wish I could stay and chill out with you today. Chill out? CHILL OUT?
    The list is endless. ....

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yummyripples View Post
    How about when you are trying to wean children off dummies and they arrive with them in their mouth. You take it off them and they are fine all day but when mum gets here they cry so dummy goes straight it.
    How about the mum who says little un didn't sleep last night so we are all tired. Please don't let them sleep today.
    how about the child who arrives poorly and you are told yo just sit tgem on the couch in front of the telly all day. Oh ok I haven't got others who need to get out.
    The parents who say I wish I could stay and chill out with you today. Chill out? CHILL OUT?
    Oh dear haha sorry our post made me laugh

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yummyripples View Post
    The list is endless but lets keep going.....
    The parent who want you to teach their 18m old a different language
    The parent who asks you to make sure their LO chews his food
    The parent who wants you to watch his shoes, because they don't fit properly

Come on lets have some more...

Non childminder member
    Carer
    Post Thanks / Like

If I get registration and clients I might have things to add to the list. Interesting points though.

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

The parent who gets you to pick their child up from school as she couldn't possibly get there in time. Yes I see you drive past the school while I'm stood there in the pouring rain. (I am getting paid so shouldn't really complain)

dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

The parents that sign up then complain about your holidays as they don't get enough to cover them so you agree to give up 3 days of your holiday for them - only to discover they take a day off a month for them to have a month"parents day"

9. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents that think converse baseball boots are suitable footwear - they are a nightmare!

Parents that send children in dungarees when they are toilet training - or even better the ones that put braces on a wee boy then put a jumper on top and didn't tell me. Poor wee boy got really confused when his trousers kept pinging back up when he went to the loo!

11. Likes watgem, Jane K, Ripeberry liked this post
    prereg
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE="doris127;1265361"]Parents that think converse baseball boots are suitable footwear - they are a nightmare!

I agree with this one time i had four children wearing them! Arggggghhhh! Nightmare when they keep taking them off and you have to put back on!

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents who send a girl in fur lined boots on a hot day. Other girl I strappy sandels which she trips over all the time as they are too big. Parents who can't understand why you are not ready when they turn up half hour early. Yes they got charged out of hours rate!!

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents who send their babies in shoes with velcro straps that are so full of fluff that they won't do up properly, knowing full well that little ones love kicking/taking them off esp when out and about in the buggy. I've lost count of how many times I have had to retrace my steps in search of a shoe that had gone awol! xx

15. Likes Jane K liked this post
    Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

.....oh yes and parents that send babies in dungarees WITHOUT poppers, resulting in having to almost strip them for every nappy change x

17. Likes watgem liked this post
    Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm on a roll now!....... parents who send spag bol in for their new self feeders and informing me that they only have it when they come to me because they cause such a mess!!!x

19. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents that send children with shoes with laces, I of course have nothing better to do than tie/untie/untangle the shoelaces everytime we go in/out!
    Parents that text me at 6am on a Sunday morning!
    Mum of three, 6,5 and 4. Now minding a few more too!

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents who send pull ups! On a child that is nowhere near potty training - with Lace up shoes & tight jeans.... All makes for a quick nappy change when they do a poo just as you're about to leave for school run!!!!

Shoes too big/too small

Big coats & jumpers on days with 25 degree heat, and no coats (or at best a body warmer) on days when I'm wearing gloves!

Rice - for a child with zero table manners or ability!

Parents who tell us all these great things their child is able to do/loves.....

22. Likes lorettacritchet, Jane K liked this post
    Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mum2two View Post
    Parents who send pull ups! On a child that is nowhere near potty training - with Lace up shoes & tight jeans.... All makes for a quick nappy change when they do a poo just as you're about to leave for school run!!!!

Shoes too big/too small

Big coats & jumpers on days with 25 degree heat, and no coats (or at best a body warmer) on days when I'm wearing gloves!

Rice - for a child with zero table manners or ability!

Parents who tell us all these great things their child is able to do/loves.....
    I so know what you mean, I have at the moment two babies who, for some reason I cannot grasp,are both currently being sent in/and supplied with PULL UPS,I hate them at the best of times let alone on 12 and 13 mth olds x

24. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doris127 View Post
    Parents that think converse baseball boots are suitable footwear - they are a nightmare!

Parents that send children in dungarees when they are toilet training - or even better the ones that put braces on a wee boy then put a jumper on top and didn't tell me. Poor wee boy got really confused when his trousers kept pinging back up when he went to the loo!
    Oh I can beat that!! The parent who came to me when I gave my holidays in Feb and asked if I could alter one week of my summer holiday because his brother is over from NZ. Fair enough and I rarely book to go anywhere till the last min so weeks changed and yesterday mum says to me, 'we need to check hols i think there is a week when we are away and you are not'. Well blow me down with a feather, they are meeting with brother in Europe the week I had originally booked of and altered to another for them Now they have to pay me for a week full fee while they are away and I get a long weekend.

26. Likes loocyloo, doris127, merry, Bear23, chriss liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Scrubbit View Post
    I so know what you mean, I have at the moment two babies who, for some reason I cannot grasp,are both currently being sent in/and supplied with PULL UPS,I hate them at the best of times let alone on 12 and 13 mth olds x
    Oh I refuse pull ups. I never allow them they are a pain in the neck and they are not necessary at all for potty training, I have supported training dozens of children and never used them. I refuse to have to completely undress a child to be able to change them, especially if we are out.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doris127 View Post

Oh I'm sorry but this really made me smile

29. Likes doris127, unalindura77 liked this post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast