Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default getting tyres at weekend for garden does anyone already have some

and can you show me picture of what you have done with them? was thinking of dh cutting them in half and standing them up in like a zig zag paattern?
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I've not got any, the nursery I went to visit this week had them half planted in the ground so chikdren can crawl through them and climb on top, they used a tractor one as a sand pit and car ones as flower beds and some free for rolling and role play.

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 tyres that the children use in free play, I have one little who has a big interest in wheels and round things so it great, he loves to be able roll and push them around
    Helen xXx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i always wanted some but hubby said no.

I would have had a circle of them for a communication resource so they could sit and show/chat to each other. Some in a line to jump in and out of, for growing things in
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Be very careful letting little ones roll tyres around and climb on them.

When I had to have new tyres I asked for the old ones and he wouldn't let me have them for use around children. Modern tyres have steel in them and if this escapes it could hurt the children and so they are very dangerous. Please be very careful.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I 'accidently' brought home my old tyres when I got new ones for the car!

mine are just 'there' .. the children use them in building dens or just constructing, sometimes they get used in the role play, sometimes they just sit in them/on them, they get used for balancing on. sometimes we take one across the road to the skateboard park and roll it down the ramps

I am thinking of using one for the 'mud' for my mud kitchen also thinking about using a couple to grow things in as well as all the pots I use.

i'd like a big one for a sand pit, but equally like the sandpit on legs that I have had for the past 10 years! it does mean that I can tidy the childrens bit of the garden up or move it around if I want to.

really, I neeeeeeeeed some more .... i'd like some different sized ones ... hmmmm might have to 'accidently' pay a visit to tyre place!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Be very careful letting little ones roll tyres around and climb on them.

When I had to have new tyres I asked for the old ones and he wouldn't let me have them for use around children. Modern tyres have steel in them and if this escapes it could hurt the children and so they are very dangerous. Please be very careful.
    I was told that it is fine for children to have tyres that have just 'normal' wear & tear. not to let children have damaged tyres or excessively warn tyres to play with, and also not to cut the tyres.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrs robbie williams View Post
    and can you show me picture of what you have done with them? was thinking of dh cutting them in half and standing them up in like a zig zag paattern?

There are some great ideas in my fb activity group ....I will try and show you pics later

Some had painted them with bright colours so they looked like a bumble bee,ladybird etc

Some had stacked them securely for seating for the kids

Other used them for the kids to jump in again painting them ...others filled them with sand

Have fun

Angel xxx

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes please angel xx
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got 4 tyres in my garden. I WAS going to use them for small world play/sandpit/fairy garden etc, whatever takes our fancy. However, they are stacked up at the moment, as all the kids like to play with them, roll them, throw/kick balls through them, climb on them etc, so I've held off. They are all painted fab, bright colours however :-)

I did have to throw one away, as like someone said, it had the steel pieces that were very very sharp, so check the tyres over thoroughly (we don't want any lil' accidents, do we?) and HAVE FUN!!!! A great resource to have

Hels xx

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cant wait dh is fetching me some tomorrow.

Now what to do with them
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two sitting out I the garden but they're never played with