Likes Likes:  113
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! One battle won another couple to go.

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i bet Ms Truss is crying into her caviar tonight........lets hope the agency crp is shown the door too!

(sorry for rudeness)

wibble the amazed x
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

3. Likes Samcat, VeggieSausage, loocyloo, watgem liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    What we need to do now is keep the pressure against agencies...no one wants or needs them and, from what I heard at the conference today no one is interested in setting them up...lets hope that will be the next UTurn
    With appropriate and equal support from LAs all cms can raise quality even further...
    Wouldn't it be nice if we could go back to the time before "MGC" and we could get on with doing our very best for Britain's children and the government could find something else to waste millions of tax payers money on.

Does anyone know what is happening about the plans for more 2 year old funding from Sept, is that still going ahead and will it still be LA in charge or Ofsted? Whose hoops do I have to practice jumping through?

5. Likes watgem liked this post
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hooflippinrah!! Ding ding round 2 ... Welldone everyone xx

Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Breaking new!!!!
    Amanda's Little Pandas Childminding

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

What we need to do now is keep the pressure against agencies...no one wants or needs them and, from what I heard at the conference today no one is interested in setting them up...lets hope that will be the next UTurn
    With appropriate and equal support from LAs all cms can raise quality even further...
    Well if Truss's plans for ratios and agencies are both rejected then she should lose her job as clearly even the Government think shes potty and she hasnt had a good idea since being promoted

.........apart from raising qualifications of staff , but any idiot could have come up with that

What a shed load of money shes wasted trying to back her ridiculous ideas

9. Likes hectors house, Kiddleywinks, mum26, watgem liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Love it....

Simona Guest

Hector House...I did go to the 2 year old seminar today in London
    I will feedback in a separate post...

12. Likes mum26 liked this post
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

ABANDON AGENCIES next pleeeeease......I will write and ask.......we must get putting on the pressure about agencies now.....change is possible but I wonder if everything else will be rushed through so they can save face on the u-turn.....

great news....

14. Likes watgem liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, from a business point of view, I am disappointed, but it is a major achievement nonetheless. Credit where credit's due & well done to everyone who has fought against a change to ratios.
    It has to give us hope that some one some where is actually listening to what people are saying. It has to give us hope that agencies might be next on the list of scrapped government plans

16. Likes loocyloo, mum26, lisbet, mama2three liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Personally, from a business point of view, I am disappointed, but it is a major achievement nonetheless. Credit where credit's due & well done to everyone who has fought against a change to ratios.
    It has to give us hope that some one some where is actually listening to what people are saying. It has to give us hope that agencies might be next on the list of scrapped government plans
    i agree.

i think ratios were there to hide behind, whilst they mess with everything else. an increased ratio would have made my life simpler than endless variations but hey! WE BEAT THEM!

18. Likes phoenix2010 liked this post
    Simona Guest

and the SAD NEWS is...cms won't be walking from Trafalgar Square to Downing Street for a peaceful protest...no need anymore!!!

We were actually planning to represent the petition to Cameron...Sarah, Richard, The Juggler and myself have been plotting a bit...I even got Sharon Hodgson to agree to walk with us to Downing Street in July...all to be scrapped now but we were determined
    Thank you for the support Richard...save us having to fill a lengthy form!

I can't wait to hear Truss' press release now!

20. Likes Richard, watgem liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Briliant news - thats for the heads up Simona
    Debbie

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree with both mouse and loocyloo in that ratios weren't my main concern, higher ratios if needed can, I presume, be granted through an ofsted variation so we're no worse off than we were before.
    That said, if it had changed, I did wonder to myself how soon the first negative incident would take and for it to be splashed around to be used as 'childminder bashing', so am glad it's been scrapped

Agencies on the other hand - well, I still fail to see how they are going to benefit the profession long term, and foresee (in a mystic meg voice lol) in a few years ALL childminders being required to join an agency of some form.

23. Likes watgem liked this post
    Simona Guest

Lets be positive about this...something tells me that some 'sort' of variation will still apply for us, hopefully, not so paperwork consuming as before?
    This will stop cms abusing the system and caring for more children and taking our business away and those unregistered cms may get reported for illegal minding

It will also mean we get the 2 year olds...judging from what I heard at the conference today many LAs believe vulnerable children are better off with high quality cms...so keep banging on your LA's door to be included and raise the matter at any opportunity you have!

The govt has also spent lots of money on other settings to expand provision and settings have spent huge sums on getting planning permission to expand (one example quoted today was 28,000 to extend one room!)...cms do not need to do that ...we have the capacity and we can prove we are best placed to look after these children, we must prove Ofsted wrong!
    Last edited by Simona; 05-06-2013 at 07:52 PM.

25. Likes Kiddleywinks, phoenix2010, watgem liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hurray!!!!!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    I agree with both mouse and loocyloo in that ratios weren't my main concern, higher ratios if needed can, I presume, be granted through an ofsted variation so we're no worse off than we were before.
    That said, if it had changed, I did wonder to myself how soon the first negative incident would take and for it to be splashed around to be used as 'childminder bashing', so am glad it's been scrapped

Agencies on the other hand - well, I still fail to see how they are going to benefit the profession long term, and foresee (in a mystic meg voice lol) in a few years ALL childminders being required to join an agency of some form.
    I think we are a lot better off than we would have been, yes some people welcomed the fact that childminders would have been able to have an extra child without the hassle of doing a variation but it was the fact that nurseries would have been allowed to double their numbers and take potential children away from me that was my BIGGEST worry - this ratio doesn't just affect childminders it means that Nurseries will have to stick by current ratio too.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

and the SAD NEWS is...cms won't be walking from Trafalgar Square to Downing Street for a peaceful protest...no need anymore!!!

We were actually planning to represent the petition to Cameron...Sarah, Richard, The Juggler and myself have been plotting a bit...I even got Sharon Hodgson to agree to walk with us to Downing Street in July...all to be scrapped now but we were determined
    Thank you for the support Richard...save us having to fill a lengthy form!

I can't wait to hear Truss' press release now!
    Don't go cancelling that idea just yet Simona! Can it be redirected towards 'Abandoning Agencies'?
    That is after all, our bigger concern

29. Likes phoenix2010, lisbet, loocyloo liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The govt has also spent lots of money on other settings to expand provision and settings have spent huge sums on getting planning permission to expand (one example quoted today was 28,000 to extend one room!)...cms do not need to do that ...we have the capacity and we can prove we are best placed to look after these children, we must prove Ofsted wrong!
    Do you think I could apply for the same amount to extend my setting - could do with an extension (play room) & conservatory (indoor/outdoor play area)

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

just seen this in about 5 different places on FB

Simona I think it's cleggy we should be bombarding with our views on agencies and removal of LA support. he seems to be listening.

I will be forwarding my correspondence sent to my local MP several months ago and see if he has the guts to listen to do anything.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

32. Likes Mouse, watgem liked this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast