before and after school fees
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default before and after school fees

Hi all new to this, i will be co minding with a friend very soon, so excited. what do you charge for before and after school, drops etc thanks in advance x

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I just charged hourly fee of £4.50 an hour but in future I would always charge a fixed rate as it really wasn't worth the stress of school in with three Los for £4.50. After school is a min a two hours fee charged now

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

My hourly rate is £4.20 and hour but before and after school is £5 an hour, I have two schoolies three days a week am going there with my son anyway so just gives me some motivation to go

pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was charging only £3.20 an hour and this included a snack and dinner if they stayed. However, from my experience, and it might just be the children I have, it is very stressful. In one case £8.00 which you can take off £1.50 for food is a total of £6.50 for 2.5 hours work in my opinion is just not enough!!!!! I am now charging any new children £4.00 an hour which to be honest still isn't enough but all the other childminders in my area charge £3.20 or £3.50. I am now the most expensive in my area.