Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DH...i am fed up with him...

a. He does no housework
    b. He acts like I do none either
    c. He doesn't like me childminding from our house
    d. He leaves his stuff around the place for me to put away every morning
    e. In the morning he gets up early and has an hour to himself before anyone is up then gets in the shower when me and my teenagers are up 7am-ish, hogs the bathroom and then get this, lies on our bed for half an hour until it is time for him to leave for work, leaving me to do packed lunches, clear up the kitchen, greet mindees, do dd's hair etc etc etc....
    f. Comes in from work and goes for a lie down (tired from a days work - um yeah!) while I cook tea while mindees still here....
    g. Need I go on.....

I don't want to swap him but good grief I need extra powers of patience sometimes....

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Non childminder member
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a childminder yet, but I have the same problem with my other half and my ds, I am trying to get into a routine now so when I am one it's not a shock to them, trying to get then to help is so hard, my son has a rota of jobs I give him and he never does then and when I tell him I'm nagging and says he knows he will do them and of course doesn't, it's like they don't want me to be a childminder, my dp won't do jobs or get stuff for the house ready for when ofsted come,

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds exactly like my DH. This morning I've Been up since 6am, still not had a cup of tea as I've been sorting washing, packed lunches, breakfast etc. He's sat watching sky sports news even though he's meant to sort breakfast.

I can't remember the last time he washed up, put a load of washing on or did something more around the house than put his bike helmet away (and then he only did that cos i told him if he sent I would put it away in the skip down the road!).

He seems to think cos I'm home all day he doesn't have to so anything cos I can. And then in an evening will quite happily sit playing his Playstation or watching tv while I'm cleaning until gone 8. If we both did it we could be sat down together by 7.15 at the latest!

Arghh!!! I love him dearly and like you wouldn't want anybody else but he does make me cross as well! Must be a man thing!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

4. Likes watgem liked this post
    Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have one of those DH things anymore and by the sounds of it I think I will keep it that way

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

i feel your pain.

mine wants the income from minding but not the children!!!.

he comes home early sometimes puts horse racing on gets the laptop trails the wire across the floor then says its his house .

he leave coins lying around, glasses down the side of chairs, bathroom cupboard open, total mess everywhere and does NO house work. i get up at 6 to prepare and i have 10mins to dress our children before others arrive (if they arent early!!!!!) he lies in bed till he is ready to go to work.

im 5mths pregnant and could happily murder him.

i am a nagg for mentioning anything .

xx

7. Likes watgem, Bear23 liked this post
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

One of those weeks for me too

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this post I have one of these hubbies too and I would cheerfully swap him-for a bigger garden or anther buggy to add to my hoarde lol! or a robo vaccuum cleaner

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watgem View Post
    I love this post I have one of these hubbies too and I would cheerfully swap him-for a bigger garden or anther buggy to add to my hoarde lol! or a robo vaccuum cleaner
    hadn't considered swapping for something useful!!! lol

12. Likes loocyloo, watgem liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got one of those too Doesn't do anything all week, and if I need any DIY doing it has to be between October and April, when the cricket season has finished as he is away with DS3 all weekend watching him play cricket!!! When I mentioned last BH that I had a few things he could do while he was off, I was informed it was a Bank Holiday

My 4 sons are all adults now, but still living at home and I regularly have their gf's staying too, so there is always plenty to do, but obviously because he goes out to work, and I'm at home (albeit working) its my job!!!!!!!!!

Swapping him for something useful sounds like a brilliant plan

14. Likes watgem liked this post
    Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry you have a DH like this. I know you are trying to put a bit of a jovial act on but seriously he needs to get his act together.

If he really is as bad as it reads then I hope that there are other areas of your lives together where he pulls his weight.

I really think that it difficult to do this job if your family has any problems and is not fully supportive. Although my hubby isn't perfect he is very supportive and does his share of chores and even helps me with the kids when he gets home from work.
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

16. Likes watgem, Bear23, Goatgirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But ladies, remember they have hard days at work, and we are at home all day "just looking after kids" ( actual quote from DH) it's taken me 10 years, of arguments, refusing to "pop" here and there to do little jobs for him, to accept I actually do a valid job. Even then we still argue about it. If its this hard to get our nearest and dearest to accept us as professionals, no wonder other people struggle.

18. Likes watgem liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If i were you lot i would go and spend my hard earned money on a lovely holiday abroad WITHOUT him.

My DH miffed me off, so i just booked for me and (another minder ) my good friend to go to Florida Oct half term Christmas Shopping, that soon stopped him in his tracks.

Sunshine and cheap shopping , what more can you want
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

20. Likes watgem, VeggieSausage liked this post
    Decembe
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

It's posts like this which reminds me of why I am single...tee hee

been there, done that...and don't want to buy THAT t-shirt again

22. Likes CH1957, VeggieSausage, mum26, vals liked this post
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Got to say in my house I quite possibly should be pulling my weight more. I am very lucky and don't have to cook. We do almost equal cleaning I just have my playroom on top. Which is fair as its nothing to do with him.

24. Likes VeggieSausage liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds a little like mine, not as bad but I've become a nag to get him to do things. I promised myself when I got married I wouldn't be a nag but he would just do nothing at all so now he does a bit.
    I still have to tell him what needs doing which is really wearing and we had a big argument last night because instead of getting dd out of the shower and into bed by 930 he chose to watch dr. Who instead and didn't even realise she needed to go to bed. It was 10 pm by the time she got into bed.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

26. Likes watgem, VeggieSausage liked this post
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I too think I am lucky with my dh. He doesn't do the housework but then again I don't like him to do it as its never up to my standards! I know I complain to him about not doing it but I am not that bothered as he has spent the last 2 years building me the home we have now even though he didn't want to do it. He also does all the jobs I need for cm when I ask him such as building a climbing frame, fitting on gates and locks, building bookcases etc. He does some of the cooking, he gets up with our 4yo son at 6.30 even on sat and sun. Plays with him, takes him to the park etc. I have even asked him to give up building and be my assistant. After reading other people's posts on here I must stop nagging him about the little things.

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

we could start up a DH swapshop for things we really need or want lol

29. Likes VeggieSausage, funemnx liked this post
    BuggsieMoo Guest

Mines the same as are my darling sons who at times seem incapable of being able to do anything.....its simple Mummy/wifey can be exactly the same and suddenly when theres no dinner, no clean clothes, no glasses etc they all find the ability to do things.

Men!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watgem View Post
    we could start up a DH swapshop for things we really need or want lol
    What do you mean SWAP , i would not even want anything in return for mine
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy to be single! Staying this way too. Once bitten twice shy and all that lol

33. Likes VeggieSausage, chriss liked this post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast