Likes Likes:  104
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chimps Childminding View Post
    4 sons, 1 husband but guess who has just put the bins out why is it no one in our house except me knows that the bins always go out on a Thursday evening as the bin men are round before 7 on a Friday morning!!!!!!!!!
    I asked dh last week to put the bin. Got up and it was hammering down and no bin. So I went up woke him uo and asked why he hadnt put it out. His answer it was raining. Suffice to say it wasnt me who put it out and he remembered this week lol lol
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes watgem liked this post
    sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Bins and cutting grass are my ohs definite chores that I never do and he doesn't get out of lol

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you are too efficient. My hubby stands around watching me work. But he will do things for me. He won' do it off his own back. He needs to be prompted. At weekends I go on strike ;-)
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Mmm if I let my dh not do anything then he wouldn't that's why hes doesn't get the chance.

If hes not getting the hints then I don't do anything for a couple of days. Mess drives him crazy much more than it does me. Cue one sparkling kitchen this morning. Also he tidies up so much better than I do
    Lol this is my house too )) I can sit and look at all the toys pots dog hair etc , doesn't bother me at all , dh gets face on massive clean then wont let kids get any toys out lol )) needless to say bin is his responsibility , if he doesn't put it out I don't so he has to go to tip lol mean I no but it's like a say to him yes I could have put the bin out , just like you could have washed dried n ironed 5 ppls clothes cooked 5 ppls meals cleaned up after 5 ppl made 5 beds, I soon get an ok it's my fault sorry
    Men are just massive kids if you let them get away with it they will

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

My partner cooks, I do the rest.

Sometimes I cook if I feel like it but that's it.

He comes home with a bottle of wine on a Friday night, knowing I've had a hard week.

Sounds perfect? He still doesn't scrub the toilet after use, leaves hairs all over the shower (he's HAIRY too), chucks clean towels on the bathroom floor, leaves dirty plates upside down and inside out.

He is however very supportive of my childminding and is in the process of building an extension for a playroom.

Maybe after a few years of childminding it will be a different story! I feel for you all because it must be a nearly impossible to run a business like this without support from people in the house!

Non childminder member
    Carer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by covgalxxx View Post

I'm sorry to say it won't last, I was a single mum and when I met my dp he was really good and helpful as we meet on Internet he traveled 2 hours to see me and kids, we where together for nearly a year when my daughter died, and he did everything, I didn't do nothing, after a year after my daughter passed, I decide I wanted to live with him so me and my other 2 kids and the cat moved over 2 hours away, 3 years now of living with him and he don't do crap, it's got worse since we had are baby 6 months ago, on his days off if I say your cooking he buys take away, I know he can cook as he did when my daughter passed, he won't feed the baby, says its my job, doesn't get up with her, he works evening comes home late some nights but still has more sleep than me and thinks that's its ok as he goes to work and i don't,can't wait to be childminding when I'm earning money he can't treat me like crap...
    Gosh, I'm hoping that wont happen. I've had two failed long term relationships. My oh appears so different and i think he would pull his weight if we came to a point and he did live with me. As we have similar values.

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Been thinking about this thread alot, probably cos i have hoofed my partner back to his mums , hes still not getting it so he can stay there till he does.

Anyway i was thinking, ... many moons ago us woman just looked after the home and the children... then we suddenly decided we wanted to work too ( WHY DID WE DO THAT) so now we work full time probably more, have the babies, cook the food, clean the house. while the men just work and then winge! whos idea was that???

Last weekend, after working a full week, mostly 12 hour days with 3 sometimes 4 children. I strimmed the garden, and done three skip runs, sorted house. etc, etc. while he rested after a hard week at work ( did i mention i'm also 33 weeks pregnant, and just been told i have anemia and high blood pressure IS IT ANY WONDER)

I found a spare hour to also pack his bags on monday

to those that have put up with it for years deserve a medal!!

9. Likes The Juggler, watgem, VeggieSausage liked this post
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bear23 View Post
    Been thinking about this thread alot, probably cos i have hoofed my partner back to his mums , hes still not getting it so he can stay there till he does.

Anyway i was thinking, ... many moons ago us woman just looked after the home and the children... then we suddenly decided we wanted to work too ( WHY DID WE DO THAT) so now we work full time probably more, have the babies, cook the food, clean the house. while the men just work and then winge! whos idea was that???

Last weekend, after working a full week, mostly 12 hour days with 3 sometimes 4 children. I strimmed the garden, and done three skip runs, sorted house. etc, etc. while he rested after a hard week at work ( did i mention i'm also 33 weeks pregnant, and just been told i have anemia and high blood pressure IS IT ANY WONDER)

I found a spare hour to also pack his bags on monday

to those that have put up with it for years deserve a medal!!
    sorry to hear that hon but hopefully it'll give him the kcik up the backside he needs to fulfil his responsibilities . I hope things work out especially with baby on the way xx
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

11. Likes watgem liked this post
    Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    sorry to hear that hon but hopefully it'll give him the kcik up the backside he needs to fulfil his responsibilities . I hope things work out especially with baby on the way xx
    I'm not sorry, i'm fine. But thank you xxx
    One less person to clean up after so less work for me x

Post Thanks / Like

Mine got like this. So I stopped doing stuff for him. Stopped consulting him on things and basically treated him like a lodger. He didnt like it and we had a few rough weeks but I said u want to be part of this family then behave like it and treat us like family not an inconvenience. Pull ur weight like the rest of us or do one as I'm ur wife not ur maid and WE chose to have kids I didn't do it all by myself and we BOTH have full time jobs.
    He is still here, does more and has become more family orientated. We talked about what he didnt like about my job and I've now changed as much as I can to keep my work and home separate after hours. He knows if he gets like it again he will get my boot up his ass!

14. Likes Bear23, watgem liked this post
    feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Elmo we need to sort the swopshop out lol

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have decided that if I ever get married again I dont want a husband I want a WIFE. They are much more useful and work much harder. The only thing missing would be a sex life but I can have an affair for that

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jillplum View Post
    I have decided that if I ever get married again I dont want a husband I want a WIFE. They are much more useful and work much harder. The only thing missing would be a sex life but I can have an affair for that
    My 4yo DD said this to me a few weeks ago! She's marrying a girl when she grows up because daddy's are lazy and mummy's aren't! Said at the top of her voice in a church run toddler group! Oh the looks we got!!!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

18. Likes Bear23, jillplum, watgem liked this post
    aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Smug single here too 4 years just me and my son , and absolutely loving it

20. Likes Jane K liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha think I might become single too

My hubby was in a right grump today

Glad he is at work now

Heaven ha ha

Angel xx

22. Likes watgem, serin liked this post
    Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm lucky- even tho my dh is too tired at the end of a weeks work to help with the house work- he has finally agreed to allow me to get a cleaner - woohoo

Sept 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordshirecm View Post
    I'm lucky- even tho my dh is too tired at the end of a weeks work to help with the house work- he has finally agreed to allow me to get a cleaner - woohoo
    Brilliant! I want one too, unlikely to get that past dh though. Can always dream. I would be the type that cleans before the cleaner though :-)

Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

On Friday, my dh took a day off work. Spent all morning in bed. Got up and watched tv. Picked the kids up from school and took them shopping. I was up at 7 getting my kids ready for school, started work at 8, finished at 5. Tidied the downstairs, cleaned the kitchen and then DH gets home, leaves all the shopping for me to put away. Finally I sit down and DH starts cooking tea, only to start nagging me to make the pudding. I delegate this task to my capable children (whipping cream and chopping strawberries, an educational experience for them). DH is miffed because I'm sitting down and not doing anything!

Grrrrrr. Would definitely trade him for a cleaner! Although I do appreciate his cooking!

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I went on strike when DH turned into a lazy ******* now I hand out husband points 10 points for cutting the grass, 5 points for cooking tea. When he gets to 100 he can go & hang out with his mates! It's the same as my ds's reward chart. If he wants to behave like one of the kids then that's how I'll treat him!

27. Likes Bear23 liked this post
    Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsh3103 View Post
    I went on strike when DH turned into a lazy ******* now I hand out husband points 10 points for cutting the grass, 5 points for cooking tea. When he gets to 100 he can go & hang out with his mates! It's the same as my ds's reward chart. If he wants to behave like one of the kids then that's how I'll treat him!

What a fab idea!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast