DH...i am fed up with him...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  104
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Non childminder member
    Carer
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a single mum. Just registered onto the courses. I have a boyfriend of 3 months and when he stays over. He helps cook dinner and he has just done the foundation base to put up a greenhouse. He is helping look after my kids when I go on my first aid course with his 2 kids. And he is having my kids one evening to do another course.
    He don't do housework, not sure what he be like if he ever moved in. But he impressing me so far.

I would be very frustrated if I was thought of as home all day and I actually was working as a child minder all day. Think if two people work hard then its a bit of give and take.

Found this thread amusing

Registered Childminder since
    sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought my oh was bad but that sounds worse mine will do stuff now and again but only when I moan at him. The more you let them get away with the less they do. I wasn't working when I first moved in with oh so did everything for him. yet now I'm working full time I still do everything. Men are annoying aren't they

3. Likes watgem liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was beginning to think I was the only one. Drives me mad!!

5. Likes watgem liked this post
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watgem View Post
    we could start up a DH swapshop for things we really need or want lol
    Thats a good idea, I could do with a new pair of socks, will swap him for those....heeeheee.....let's hope he doesn't ever decide to become my assistant and read this (NOOO CHANCE of that so I am safe)....

7. Likes Bear23, watgem liked this post
    Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the same but the difference is hes just my partner, i am 34 weeks pregnant, working every hour god sends to sort money so i can have a decent amount of time off with my baby.
    while he just sits and looks at the mess.

Doesnt do a dam thing to help me.

So today i have sent him back to his mums i figured its her fault hes this way so she can have him back

Sept 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooEarlyForGin? View Post
    But ladies, remember they have hard days at work, and we are at home all day "just looking after kids" ( actual quote from DH) it's taken me 10 years, of arguments, refusing to "pop" here and there to do little jobs for him, to accept I actually do a valid job. Even then we still argue about it. If its this hard to get our nearest and dearest to accept us as professionals, no wonder other people struggle.
    Absolutely agree! My husband 'jokes' that childminders sit around drinking coffee and chatting while the children play and often asks me to 'nip' here and 'pop' there. Yes darling I'd love to pick up your dry cleaning with 3 kids in tow!

10. Likes watgem liked this post
    feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hehe i hadn't thought of sending him back to his mum lol mind you i dont think she'd have him as she has 3 other sons and a hubby who is just like his sons lol

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

When i went out to work Dh & I shared everything & he was even a SAHD for a while so knows all to well what it involves but since starting cming I can slowly see him turning into one of the lazy git OH's you guys seem to have!
    If I have a big moan then he'll help out for a few days before slipping back into caveman mode & to add insult to injury he also works from home some days but doesn't seem to understand that as we *both* work from home we should *both* share the load.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

oooh I daren't comment seriously if this were me - it'd be ultimatum time. whether a man sees what a hard job I do or not - housework and o kids are 50:50 split or I'm walking or pushing him out - end of

i feel for you - but I'd go on strike a bit - do everything else round the house except HIS stuff, tell him there's no time for packed lunches he'll have to buy his own and give you money for the kids ones etc, etc til he gets the message
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

14. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the answers to your problems:

1) Partners should live in separate premises, they can visit but only if they help out with housework / ironing / childcare / DIY, etc
    2) Try to find a partner that's pre-used (previously married), this way they come part trained and its not so much hard work

Well its worked for me!

16. Likes watgem liked this post
    Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watgem View Post
    we could start up a DH swapshop for things we really need or want lol
    I am hanging onto mine. I had a rubbish version for many years and upgraded him for a much more helpful model. My hubby does loads for me and while he doesn't always do the housework to my standards, he does meals, the garden, changes DS's cabin bed and hoovers, washes up and more or less what I ask him. I know I am so lucky

18. Likes watgem liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mmm if I let my dh not do anything then he wouldn't that's why hes doesn't get the chance.

If hes not getting the hints then I don't do anything for a couple of days. Mess drives him crazy much more than it does me. Cue one sparkling kitchen this morning. Also he tidies up so much better than I do
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aella851 View Post
    I'm a single mum. Just registered onto the courses. I have a boyfriend of 3 months and when he stays over. He helps cook dinner and he has just done the foundation base to put up a greenhouse. He is helping look after my kids when I go on my first aid course with his 2 kids. And he is having my kids one evening to do another course.
    He don't do housework, not sure what he be like if he ever moved in. But he impressing me so far.

I would be very frustrated if I was thought of as home all day and I actually was working as a child minder all day. Think if two people work hard then its a bit of give and take.

3mths!!!! haha wait till its 13yrs, mine was the perfect gent at first.

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Peeks head over the wall ................... peers around at the assembled throng ............................... hides!

Mar 14
    Non childminder member
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to say it won't last, I was a single mum and when I met my dp he was really good and helpful as we meet on Internet he traveled 2 hours to see me and kids, we where together for nearly a year when my daughter died, and he did everything, I didn't do nothing, after a year after my daughter passed, I decide I wanted to live with him so me and my other 2 kids and the cat moved over 2 hours away, 3 years now of living with him and he don't do crap, it's got worse since we had are baby 6 months ago, on his days off if I say your cooking he buys take away, I know he can cook as he did when my daughter passed, he won't feed the baby, says its my job, doesn't get up with her, he works evening comes home late some nights but still has more sleep than me and thinks that's its ok as he goes to work and i don't,can't wait to be childminding when I'm earning money he can't treat me like crap...

Post Thanks / Like

Aw you might be a lucky one, my dh was and still is great., his mum had him well trained when I got him!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Peeks head over the wall ................... peers around at the assembled throng ............................... hides!

lol Bob, we are sure you are the perfect OH
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

25. Likes watgem liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Single ..... The best way!!! No smelly socks in the bathroom, no wet towel on the bed, I am in control of the remote!!! My house , my business , my rules!

27. Likes jillplum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

4 sons, 1 husband but guess who has just put the bins out why is it no one in our house except me knows that the bins always go out on a Thursday evening as the bin men are round before 7 on a Friday morning!!!!!!!!!

29. Likes watgem liked this post
    may 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

when do you say I've had enough dont think I love you in the way I should and only together because of the kids!
    xx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast