poor cm friend was inspcted last week...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default poor cm friend was inspcted last week...

....... and only got satisfactory.

After getting Outstanding 3 years ago!!! The inspector was horrible, barley looked at her paperwork, and was there for almost 4 hours!! My friend did loads with the 3 los she had, and after reading 3 stories to the kiddies the 2 yr old got up and walked away and the inspector told her off and said she should have engaged him more!!!! He;s jus 2 ffs!!!!!

In told her I'll go through the report when it comes and see if she can appeal. It really makes no sense, how can she get outstanding 3 yrs ago & go down to Satisfactory? i've obv helped her with all the paperwork & forms with all the help I've got from all of you lovley ladies, so all of that is better than it was, but if the inspector hardly looked at it then whats the point????

Marnie x

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

aww thats awful my first inspection was like that, he was awful. shouted at me told me he normally inspected childrens centres. scared the kids and made me cry .

my paperwork was good and it was petty what he was telling me off for.

i didnt appeal as i couldnt go through it again tbh, its nearly time again though.

hugs to your friend

x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my latest inspection recently and as I understand it they only look at a sample of your paperwork now rather than looking at everything. I made sure I pointed certain things out to her so that she knew I had done it.

Hugs to your friend

xxxx

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is this happening more and more? Is it part of the plan to get us to join an agency? An inspector shouted at you? No way that is verbal abuse. You should have told him to leave ant that you were reporting him to the police.

5. Likes christine e liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A childminding friend of mine also got downgraded in their inspection recently. I've helped them write a letter appealing against it and complaining about the way the inspection was carried out. Definitely seems to be something of a pattern lately

Cathy

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

clearly this inspector has no clue about the development of children in the early years - therefore I would question his ability to inspect an early years setting your poor friend. I would def. complain about him and insist on reinspection
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I too have had my inspection recently and I'm currently going through the most horrendous time.Ive had the most amazing support from my family and friends, a few who are members on here. When I feel stronger I will post on my experience
    Helen xXx

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone came into my house and shouted at me or made me cry I would be putting a very serious complaint in....

Going from outstanding to satisfactory and being told that a 2yr old should have sat down and listened to the whole story is not on in my opinion... I have a 2yr old and I'm lucky if he sits down for two pages
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

10. Likes christine e, marnieb, Ripeberry liked this post
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't want to read and not say how sorry I am for your friend - that's a serious jump down, and she must be feeling rubbish, no matter how much we say "it doesn't matter they're only there four hours, what do they know", it DOES matter.
    I'd agree with previous posts - asking a two year old to sit still for a story is nigh on impossible on some days! Anything more we can do to help?

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the inspectors badly need inspecting. Does not sound right definitely make a complaint. Hope your friend is ok.

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    If anyone came into my house and shouted at me or made me cry I would be putting a very serious complaint in....

Going from outstanding to satisfactory and being told that a 2yr old should have sat down and listened to the whole story is not on in my opinion... I have a 2yr old and I'm lucky if he sits down for two pages
    I would ask them to leave - no way does anyone shout at me and be disrespectful in my own home

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nell57 View Post
    I too have had my inspection recently and I'm currently going through the most horrendous time.Ive had the most amazing support from my family and friends, a few who are members on here. When I feel stronger I will post on my experience
    You know where I am if I can help in any way. I have sent a pm xx

Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What a terrible experience for your friend. I hope she will feel strong enough to put in a complaint.

I bet she is thankful for you support at this time.x

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I've experienced this last week, one of the comments was craft catalogues are for parents and not for childminders and a comment of why a nearly two year old drew pen on his hand orange crayola pen!!!
    Went from good with 4 areas of outstanding to satisfactory!
    I've taken it as a learning curve in not beating myself up as all of my referrals come through word of mouth or my website

17. Likes christine e liked this post
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if there is anything was can do about this kind of thing happening - as a group.
    They have clearly been told to be much more critical and it seems to have confused a lot of inspectors who are making ridiculous judgements.
    Could we apply the same activist power to protest against this as we have with Truss?
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

19. Likes christine e liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This may already have been posted - sorry if it has, but it doesn't appear that it is only childminders who are not happy with inspections:-

Nursery complaints about Ofsted inspection on the rise | Nursery World

Mine is due next year and dreading it already - so much depends upon the inspector on the day.

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel so sorry for your friend, what a horrible experience and very humiliating too. I am due my first graded in 2 months and now I am getting worried. I had hoped that if I didn't get the grade I wanted it would be because I didn't do enough work beforehand. Seems like it is pot luck instead!

22. Likes christine e liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This all sounds terrible, they are definitely moving towards the "education" aspect.

Next we will be told that allowing them to sleep or changing nappies is wasting valuable educational time...

As for feeding the ducks.......

I have a two yo that refuses to paint, she just loves squelching her hands in the paint, am I going to stop her? Think not.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikkiv View Post
    I've experienced this last week, one of the comments was craft catalogues are for parents and not for childminders and a comment of why a nearly two year old drew pen on his hand orange crayola pen!!!
    Went from good with 4 areas of outstanding to satisfactory!
    I've taken it as a learning curve in not beating myself up as all of my referrals come through word of mouth or my website
    I actually draw on one mindees hand for him (between his thumb and next finger) - it helps him position his pen correctly so he can draw on the paper or his other hand should he so wish!

And two year olds generally do what they want anyway whether it is drawing on hands instead of paper or deciding half way through a story that they would prefer to be doing anything else. Would the inspector rather we pinned children down to make sure they don't wander off?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hearing of this more and more lately and I'm not getting it

I hope your friend does appeal

Nell 57 I did reply to you earlier on fb

Angel xxx

26. Likes nell57 liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast