Lovely email to get while away on holidays!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post
    Thanks Gail nervous wreck this am!
    Oh Murphf try not to be as she will sense it and it may help her to sway the meeting in her favour, even though you are in the right x am thinking of you x

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post

Oh Murphf try not to be as she will sense it and it may help her to sway the meeting in her favour, even though you are in the right x am thinking of you x
    Good luck murphf you are in the right and we are all behind you. Thinking of you this morning let us know how you get on.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

3. Likes Toothfairy liked this post
    May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck murph! Stay strong. Thinking of you today x

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the meeting , they did a rotten cowardly thing , stick to your guns and put a smile on your face

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks you all it was actually grand! She said they were anxious of how he would settle somewhere new as he is so happy with me and that they weren't going to move him for another while but that the space had come up.. I told her we were all gutted to be losing him, and asked her If she had got my email she said yes that was grand she might leave him Til 7th June if that suited me., I am happy to let the fourth week go In the interests of having a good last three weeks .. Was all very amicable just wish they had said it to my face and saved the worry so hard to tell how something is meant if its on email or text ... Thank you all for your support I am so relieved! Now ., advertising!

Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks you all it was actually grand! She said they were anxious of how he would settle somewhere new as he is so happy with me and that they weren't going to move him for another while but that the space had come up.. I told her we were all gutted to be losing him, and asked her If she had got my email she said yes that was grand she might leave him Til 7th June if that suited me., I am happy to let the fourth week go In the interests of having a good last three weeks .. Was all very amicable just wish they had said it to my face and saved the worry so hard to tell how something is meant if its on email or text ... Thank you all for your support I am so relieved! Now ., advertising!
    Yay! Really pleased it went well!!

Enjoy ur last few weeks with the little one

8. Likes Goatgirl liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad it went
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

So pleased for you that meeting went well hope you had a good hol.

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad it went well hope advertising goes better.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it went well for you. Hopefully you'll have a great few weeks with him now

oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Result very pleased for u xxx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you really enjoyed your holiday - I had the same thing happen to me many years ago, got back from fantastic holiday in Florida, with jet lag after not sleeping on night flight back and stupidly opened the post rather than going straight to bed. I found the same a letter giving notice dated the date I had left (I was away 2 weeks) and they thought they were going to get away with only giving another 2 weeks notice - luckily I had used NCMA contracts which specified "notice can't be given during holiday period" and they had to give 4 weeks notice.

Hope the next few weeks go smoothly and they start to appreciate all you have done for them and their child over the years. Nursery with late pickup charges, paying full fee for illness and holidays etc may come as a rude awakening!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Hope you really enjoyed your holiday - I had the same thing happen to me many years ago, got back from fantastic holiday in Florida, with jet lag after not sleeping on night flight back and stupidly opened the post rather than going straight to bed. I found the same a letter giving notice dated the date I had left (I was away 2 weeks) and they thought they were going to get away with only giving another 2 weeks notice - luckily I had used NCMA contracts which specified "notice can't be given during holiday period" and they had to give 4 weeks notice.

Hope the next few weeks go smoothly and they start to appreciate all you have done for them and their child over the years. Nursery with late pickup charges, paying full fee for illness and holidays etc may come as a rude awakening!
    Aw that's even worse!!! Need to amend my contracts to say not including holidays but it wasn't on the one I have them.. Happy enough to meet in middle and part on good terms

Anyway had a chat on pick up asked her if she would do me a reference and she said 'of course! And please give my number to anyone who wants it, I wouldn't like you to think we weren't happy we have been delighted with the care he got and have agonised over it, it's just gonna be handier and he will get his free year there next year which can be hard to get otherwise' crèche is open Til 630 so dad can pick up if she is running late and she will be able to cycle to work from there, my house is backwards to go forwards if you know what I mean, probably adds a good half hour on in the morning. She has been under Pressure at work finding it hard to get out but again if they had talked to me I could have changed hours if needs be though I do like to finish by six.. To be honest that all made me feel better, wish he wasn't going and personally think as you say they will get a shock with crèche he seems to pick up every bug going and I am happy to accept him most of time don't think they will! She also commented how much he would miss my girls, says she hopes they are making right decision as he is so happy here... Hmm would I have a place if it didn't work out??!!! Not sure I would to be honest!

16. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh and thank you all yes we did have a lovely holiday!!!

18. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, how nice! All's well that ends well! Fingers crossed for the next member of your gang turning up soon!

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad everything went well and all ended in a positive way with the family. Make the most and enjoy your last few weeks.

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

pleased to hear all worked out

Post Thanks / Like

Have filled the space! Just two days a week with a possibility of a third if granny can't cope..
    She was flexible with days so I offered her Monday and Tuesdays and managed to persuade one of my other mums to change her days.. Now I have most Fridays off! Hard not to think of the 'lost revenue' but it will be lovely while girls off for the summer and I think I was a bit too busy for my liking recently! So all worked out for best in the end (oh and she starts week after little man finishes!( thanks all for letting me moan and uour support!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

oooh jealous, fridays off? that would be nice x

Post Thanks / Like

Have filled the space! Just two days a week with a possibility of a third if granny can't cope..
    She was flexible with days so I offered her Monday and Tuesdays and managed to persuade one of my other mums to change her days.. Now I have most Fridays off! Hard not to think of the 'lost revenue' but it will be lovely while girls off for the summer and I think I was a bit too busy for my liking recently! So all worked out for best in the end (oh and she starts week after little man finishes!( thanks all for letting me moan and uour support!
    Glad you've managed to fill the space. I have Fridays off too, very nice they are too!! Enjoy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast