Been given notice already
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Been given notice already

So I have been minding for 6 weeks now on friday I got a text dad saying they are giving notice as mums contract hasn't been extended and they have no other option and that N will be upset as he loves coming. The only thing I can't help feeling is it because of something I have done!
    And on top of that I have got my first graded inspection w/b 20th very scared.
    :'(

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's tough, but you've got to keep telling yourself it's not because of anything you've done. These things just happen.

One of the very first children I ever had came to me for 3 weeks before mum was made redundant. She got another job a couple of months later and came straight back to me. Mindee stayed for over 4 years and I now look after the much younger sibling.

Fingers crossed your mum either gets a new job very soon or you manage to find someone to fill the space

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ouch

Get advertising as quickly as possible I am sure the right families are out there for you!

There are lots of ideas on the 'promoting yourself' page of this website

Independent Childminders - Supporting each other

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Feel sorry for you, but its nothing you have done. They will be back I am sure once mum gets another job. I learnt very early on in this job, one never knows whats around the corner, children come and go through not fault of your own. Good luck with your inspection.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hon nothing you have told us makes me think its really because of something you have done. What the dad has said says the exact opposite, sounds like he's very sorry to have to lose you.

chin up, I hope you find someone else soon. do you have other children for your inspection? if not, I'd ring ofsted and see if you can postpone maybe.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

this is the hardest part of childminding not really knowing what parents are thinking. Hope mum soon gets another job.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can add is stay strong, keep positive and it will work in your favour. Treat it just like Dad says, no choice on their part. Also remember that as another cm has posted they will send LO back to you when Mum finds alternative employment x

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Trust me when parents think you have done something wrong they are never quiet about it just think of all the nightmarish parent threads there have been on this forum. I think that they do enjoy using your service but circumstances have changed and they really can't afford to use you.

9. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou everyone for your kind words that's made me feel much better. I have actually got a baby starting the Monday after he finishes so that not that bad because she will replace him, he had just settled really well and a lovely child. But like you have said it is all part of the job and will have to get over it.

June 12
    Non childminder member
    I AM a childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

That's unfortunately the unpredictability of childminding. I had a similar situation with one of mine. After mums' start date being put back a few months and the little one eventually started, dad lost his job at the end of her first week with me and she never came back. Gutted doesn't quite cut it!

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw sorry to here that. It's a tough ole profession and an unpredictable one. But, as has been said... It happens and not because of anything you've done. I had the same when I started back. 2 months in . My biggie was that I was minding a D.Os child!!great she picked me, but Felt awful when notice given. it was a circumstance change that I know to be true though.
    Glad you've got more work lined up x