What would you do if you wasnt a childminder?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything that pays huge amounts. Short hours a private jet and be the boss!!!

2. Likes rachelmama liked this post
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I quite fancy running a campsite - I can just see myself riding around on my grass-cutting tractor on a sunny day, but it could be a bit quiet in winter!

4. Likes loocyloo, Toothfairy liked this post
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suziealderton View Post
    before i had my children-which has led to childminding i was a dog handler in the police. Loved it, but would have been horrendous trying to juggle it with childcare
    That's what my dd wanted to do, but has changed it to army bomb disposal now. Scares me! Hoping she changes her mind back!

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've worked in pathology, been a marine journalist and spent nine years as Head of marketing at a Children's charity in London, but I am so glad I am a childminder now - despite the hard work, late paying parents and mad children! I really love the fact I am self-employed and can be there for my kids. But I must admit that I am looking forward to taking my maternity leave soon and having a break for a while - it is such hard work and, like you, I have some down days. I can't see myself doing it long-term (although expecting baby number three may delay the next move!) as, again like you, I do crave the opportunity to work in the 'real' world with grown -ups sometimes! I have considered midwifery and teaching but can't imagine I could ever afford the study fees Still, childminding suits for now and one day I could imagine running it as a business with an assistant doing all the hard work while I do the paperwork; something I perversely enjoy!

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have been a nurse (actually a nurse consultant no less) a medical rep, a medical lecturer and I am a qualified counsellor.

But this is the best job I have ever done...ok not as well paid but job satisfaction is worth so much more

Wibble the content xx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

8. Likes loocyloo, Toothfairy, The Juggler liked this post
    June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Before CMing, I have always worked in Dentistry. I have been a general Dental Nurse, an Implant/Theatre nurse, Practice Manager for Dental Practices, Unit Manager for an Emergency Unit and now alongside my CMing, I work alongside my colleague and we train Dentists and their staff.
    We train them in Safeguarding, handling patients, law & ethics, CQC etc, etc.
    I am hopefully, over the next year or so, gradually going to do more of this and less CMing.
    Toothfairy

May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be a fire fighter ! Always wanted to but was a young mum n the rota is terrible but would like to think that when there all a bit older and less mummy orientated that I could try it , who knows ..........

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was young I told the. Areers advisor I wanted to stay home but get money so decided I would go on the dole. So in a way childminding is my childhood dream, I stay at home and get money
    If I gave up (and I can't see that happening anytime soon) I'd like a job that stays at work and doesn't come home with me like being on the til in waitrose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12