The continuing buggy saga....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hector's House - wish I had a garage but sadly don't, collection is currently cluttering up my summerhouse and living room :-(
    DH is tolerating the situation...

But I'm sort of getting there - next one to go on ebay is the Easylife. It took both if us to carry it downstairs this evening to store outside...

Am hoping the double Nipper will at the least be a good compromise while I save up for the Mountain Buggy Duet or ABC combo. If I sell the others it will help.

Loads of people rate the Nipper - can see why - so light and easy to fold. Just wish it was a few cm narrower.

Post Thanks / Like

Final thought / question this evening...

If Mountain Buggy Duets sell for £350 - £430 second hand 1-2 years old on eBay, but cost £519 brand new on eBay or Amazon, there really isn't much point in buying second hand, is there?

3. Likes watgem liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Except the £200 you might save....!!!!

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MessybutHappy View Post
    Except the £200 you might save....!!!!
    What she said! You might only be ready to resell years from now.

Also, those are the current prices. If you buy new and MB bring out something new, the second hand price could end up being much less. Not only that, but to get a really good resale price you need to have the buggy in great condition. That's ok for someone using it to occasionally transport their own children a couple of days a week, but not so easy for us, using a buggy five days a week for potentially lots and lots of miles. I look after mine really well but it does about thirty to thirty five miles a week and some damage is inevitable.
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm you could be right but the ones I have seen are more like £100/£150 less than RRP and already do have some usage defects.

I hoped that I could buy second hand at a 1/3 or 1/2 of the RRP (normal for most other buggies).

jun 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I have a dilemma! I am watching a britax b dual on eBay that's got 2 hours left and is £50 at the moment! But I've fallen in love with the baby jogger city select which is way out of my price range at the moment I don't know whether to save for the more expensive one or settle for the cheaper?? I am currently using a graco for 2 days a week and find it hard to push so only use it in the school run, on the other 2 days I use an old buggy which is useless over bummpy ground and I would like to start taking them out on longer walks! Has anybody got any advice on the two pushchairs I've mentioned or can recommend another? Xx

sep 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, don't know if this is any help but was looking at Nippers yesterday and they were advertising that the 2012 version is narrower, x

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajc View Post
    Hi, don't know if this is any help but was looking at Nippers yesterday and they were advertising that the 2012 version is narrower, x
    The 'original' nipper was 72cm. Then they brought out the V2 , at 77cm wide! Theyve now got the 2012 V2 back to 72cm , so although they are advertising it as narrower its still the same width as the original. And still doesnt fit through the door!!!

Im still trying to decide whether the nipper ( which wont fit through the door but does fit in the boot) or the duet ( will fit through the door but wont fit in the boot) is the one for me! In the mean time Ill keep using my T3 as a double - which doesnt do either but can go up to a triple when needed!!

sep 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah didn't realise that. So hard deciding when they're such an investment!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    The 'original' nipper was 72cm. Then they brought out the V2 , at 77cm wide! Theyve now got the 2012 V2 back to 72cm , so although they are advertising it as narrower its still the same width as the original. And still doesnt fit through the door!!!

Im still trying to decide whether the nipper ( which wont fit through the door but does fit in the boot) or the duet ( will fit through the door but wont fit in the boot) is the one for me! In the mean time Ill keep using my T3 as a double - which doesnt do either but can go up to a triple when needed!!
    Just measured mine it must be the V2 as it is 77 cm wide but I mostly want it for taking in car and doing long walks with mindees and dogs - so doesn't matter too much if it won't fit through front door! Next problem I have to solve is if the double buggy now takes up entire boot, where the are the 2 dogs going to go, up til now with my horrible umbrella fold double buggy or really old marco tandem I could put buggy in front seat but can't see this nipper fitting anywhere but the boot - which means I have to re-write my policy and have dogs in front footwell with mindees in the back Dogs are really good and will stay on floor but sometimes on way back from a walk we may stop to pop into a shop, then the dogs will get on front seats I really should have bought a 7 or 8 seater when I swapped my car in November - OH is going to kill me!

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I borrowed a jane twin, hated it, so unstable

Had a graco tandem, which was ok for walks to park but hard work with heavy toddler in front seat, didnt fit very well in boot of my peugeot 206!

Bought second hand (like new) maclaren triumph, love it, fits in boot, lies almost flat for sleeping toddlers or babies, doesnt fit in some shop door ways but then i rarely go shopping with mindees, so no great problem

Keep thinking i would like a P&T but they're bit pricey

Post Thanks / Like

Think my £50 Nipper must be an original - 72 cm wide (door is 71 :-/) but I'm chuffed about the wheels popping off so easily... will test this theory tomorrow. Even if it doesn't work, soooo much lighter and easier to fold than my others.

Also absolutely hated the Jane - felt very wobbly and unstable, was scared to use it. OK on the flat though.

Found P&T dreadful for the passenger 'below' on a number of levels: bad for sleeping, too low & near feet/shopping bags of passers by/dogs/car exhausts etc... Hadn't even thought about vomit from child above... Ew!

Still mulling over the Mountain Buggy new/second hand issue below. When I buy second hand at 1/3-1/2 price I expect some defects and don't worry too much about lack of recourse afterwards. But if I paid £350-£400 and it went wrong with no recourse I'd be gutted. At least if I find the extra money there is some form of guarantee.

All my other buggies have been second hand at £25 - £200 and I have either got decent use out if them and passed them
    on or sold them.

Wondering if it's time to actually buy a new one that works... which will be a first.

14. Likes watgem liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Think we should have a sideline in buggy testing & market research

16. Likes watgem liked this post
    feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I llove this post lol and am currently watching lots f buggies on ebay, mainly mountain buggy, and graco stadium for when I do maternity cover but have added some others which if I had the money I would buy lol, just got to find hiding places-they could use all of us buggy hoarders n a documentary

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Can u get a buggy board on the nipper?? Does anyone know how wide it is?

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a pushchair fetish and am considering therapy!

I too have favourite ones which change with the seasons, but I have several hills to climb and it all depends which children I have on what days as to which one I use.

I need to get rid of some but I know I'll buy more.

Hubby hates it, but I love choice
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

20. Likes watgem liked this post
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jellyelly View Post
    Well I have a dilemma! I am watching a britax b dual on eBay that's got 2 hours left and is £50 at the moment! But I've fallen in love with the baby jogger city select which is way out of my price range at the moment I don't know whether to save for the more expensive one or settle for the cheaper?? I am currently using a graco for 2 days a week and find it hard to push so only use it in the school run, on the other 2 days I use an old buggy which is useless over bummpy ground and I would like to start taking them out on longer walks! Has anybody got any advice on the two pushchairs I've mentioned or can recommend another? Xx
    I use a parent's Britax B Dual. It has it's good points, but I do wonder what the bottom seat will be like for a toddler rather than a baby. It's quite hard to get the baby in and out from the bottom seat too. Also the back wheels make it quite wide (for stability I guess) so I'm not sure it's much narrower than a side-by-side double. There is a mum I see on the school run with toddler twins in a city jogger select and they look comfy/ have a good view.

And just to join in with the pushchair chat - I was torn between a Nipper and the Baby Jogger City Mini. I went for the Nipper so I can go to the woods/ fields with it and because it was a good deal but I think the City Mini has better sized seats and would fit on a bus better Nipper is a dream to push though :-)
    Last edited by lisbet; 17-05-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

So I have 3 of the buggies listed on eBay currently!
    See on the For Sale thread :-)
    Honest info re: why they are not working for me, as they could be perfect for someone else.
    :-)

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

well I rejected hubbies offer of ging to watch a hill climb today as i had to wait in for delivery for graco stadium delivery from a fb babyselling group, I promised i would put my nipper on the fb recycling site-this was greeted by hoots f laughter frm the family, and have been scrubbing my triple as its so sunny as I've had several enquiries this week, so my hoard is now 4 doubles,2 singles and a triple need to buy something t store them in now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watgem View Post
    well I rejected hubbies offer of ging to watch a hill climb today as i had to wait in for delivery for graco stadium delivery from a fb babyselling group, I promised i would put my nipper on the fb recycling site-this was greeted by hoots f laughter frm the family, and have been scrubbing my triple as its so sunny as I've had several enquiries this week, so my hoard is now 4 doubles,2 singles and a triple need to buy something t store them in now
    Haha I thought I was bad.... With my 2 doubles, 1 triple and a single... But I think you've def beaten me lol

25. Likes watgem liked this post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast