Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do love buggies but after trial & error I have settled on my 4 ! Lol!

Maxi cosi speedi (like quinny) single 3 wheeler can have solid pram on or car seat.

Mothercare urban detour double 3 wheeler. Can have buggy board.

These are my 'walking round the village' buggies

Maclaren double umbrella (can't remember type now! Lies flat)

Chicco london (I think!) umbrella.

These are the buggies that go in the car.

I have tried others/borrowed friends & always eye up buggies when I am out, but the ones I use work for me!

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I do love buggies but after trial & error I have settled on my 4 ! Lol!

Maxi cosi speedi (like quinny) single 3 wheeler can have solid pram on or car seat.

Mothercare urban detour double 3 wheeler. Can have buggy board.

These are my 'walking round the village' buggies

Maclaren double umbrella (can't remember type now! Lies flat)

Chicco london (I think!) umbrella.

These are the buggies that go in the car.

I have tried others/borrowed friends & always eye up buggies when I am out, but the ones I use work for me!
    I have the mothercare urban detour - good to know a buggy board goes on it!!

Feb 200
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Baby Jogger City Select a couple of weeks back (shop demo model) and I love it. I have always been a P&T fan but needed a double that could take a buggy board too and this does the trick brilliantly. Both seats recline fully, can face forwards or backwards or one forwards one back or be used as a single

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol my oh says we could open a buggy shop. I currently have 3 tandems and 2 singles . The tandems I am not happy with at all. One is borrowed and is going back ASAP. My findings so far, if it says lite then forget it.. I'm tempted to go back to side by side as although rubbish through a lot of doors , at least I can push them!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello my name is BlueBear and I am a buggy addict.

I currently have:
    Phil and ted sport
    Nipper 360 double
    Mclaren triumph double
    Britax Strolla single (lives in the boot
    Mclaren elite (special need)
    Elc single (really old and bulky still have in the loft for some reason)

I love my nipper 360 and am looking for a single. And then I am going to sell the others I promise.

6. Likes watgem, loocyloo, Shamai liked this post
    feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sammy at least you get rid of yours I'm known as the buggy hoarder locally lol, and I feel buggies are like handbags and shoes, you need different ones for different occasins I finally thought I'd found "the one" a p and t sports, but will soon be covering for a cm friend and will have an 8 month old and 2 year old so am thinking I may need to get something different? I did send 2 to the tip last week but still have 5 left lol

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to think my niece was crazy as she had so many. Now I have buggy envy. I have 4. A t 3 which I love a double a German make which I got as I was desperate and needed a cheap one. Wish I had a 360. And a boot sale maclaren which is light but a bit old. And got its replacement a kiddie care jet. Now the thing is it is still in its box! It too was a special offer. So glad I don't have a garage!! I live in a flat and the t3 is in the bike store. The double is hidden in a store cupboard in the main hall way.

July 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad Im not the only one. Others laugh at my 'collection'
    I have a triple obaby, a basic double, a Miamoda double (which I love) and 2 maclarens, 1 M&P Luna and 1 old Graco which everyone sleeps so well in. I have been offered a Quinny this week and got very excited. I also have a proper old style pram and my 23 year old daughters silver cross carrycot/ pram set.
    I really do have an addiction!!
    If I got treatment for this at least it would be tax deductable!!!

10. Likes watgem liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got my side by side double (can't remember make - nothing well known) down from loft as need buggy suitable from birth as started having my 9 week old grandson one day a week now - going to take it out on test drive later, but I remember how much I hate it - the swivel wheels come unlocked and when they all face different directions the buggy won't go. Also it is so hard to fold down and put back up again, one day I'm sure I won't be able to fold it back up again to get in the car!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lauraring1 View Post
    I don't feel so bad after all knowing I'm not the only person that does this... I currently have a nipper 360 v2 double (currently selling) a phil and teds explorer (currently selling) and a single Maclaren (currently selling) have just brought an Abc double/triple which I needed due to 3 under 2.... Need some space back before hubby really gets the hump and moved out :0)
    Thanks for that - makes me feel a bit better :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suziealderton View Post

where abouts are you? just on the off chance you are near to me you could have a look at mine? im in w yorkshire x
    Sussex coast! But thanks for the offer!
    :-)

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    Hello my name is BlueBear and I am a buggy addict.

I currently have:
    Phil and ted sport
    Nipper 360 double
    Mclaren triumph double
    Britax Strolla single (lives in the boot
    Mclaren elite (special need)
    Elc single (really old and bulky still have in the loft for some reason)

I love my nipper 360 and am looking for a single. And then I am going to sell the others I promise.
    You did make me laugh, but when I said to my DH see I'm not as bad as you think (I have 3 but all originally bought for my two DDs) he said just because others have more doesn't mean you haven't got too many

Sam x

Post Thanks / Like

I keep on telling myself it's a necessary process to go through and I'll finally settle on 2 or 3 for different days/combos of children.

I think my ultimate is probably the ABC... just a bit pricey and need to save up for it :-/

I don't drive, so it's probably my most important bit of 'kit'... We cover a lot of miles on foot.

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post

Sussex coast! But thanks for the offer!
    :-)
    A lovely part of the country-i used to work in Arundel x

Post Thanks / Like

Right, so I have made some progress with this.... sort of... For those that are interested in nerdy buggy details :-)

Jane Powertwin sold for a tiny bit more than paid for it and now shipped :-)

Mountain Buggy Urban Double looks likely to sell very soon - lots of watchers :-)

I am coming to the conclusion that if I have to fold and unfold the Pedigree Easylife Sport several times a day I will do my back in - sooooo heavy! Really awkward fold too :-( One day last week when it was sunny I went out to walk dog and both babies fell asleep :-/ So when I got home I sat outside in the street with them! Got a few strange looks (terraced house in busy town). It's a fabulous buggy IF you have a wide enough doorway or garage. But not working for me I'm afraid.... Next to go back on eBay I think!

Found a £50 Outlook Nipper Double, bought it on the offchance I could get it in the house.... well: no I couldn't, with wheels on that is... But I can with them OFF! :-) It appears to be simple to get them off, the buggy is stable enough on the ground without them and can do a 'wheelbarrow' to get them inside. Will give this a go this week!

But I am still coveting:

Mountain Buggy Duet
    and/or
    ABC double/triple combo on a single buggy base
    Just haven't got the money for either at the moment :-(

18. Likes loocyloo, watgem liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just added to my double buggy collection - last week drove 30 miles each way to look at a Urban detour but it was huge, folded into the size of a coffee table and was so heavy I couldn't even lift it to see if it would even fit in the boot, then drove another 30 miles yesterday in the opposite direction after getting a Nipper out and about on e-bay for £50, haven't tried it yet as one lo on holiday this week. It does fit in boot and I can lift it in and out ok - just hope it performs ok with the mindees in it.

The chap who was selling it (clearing out his garage) said they had tried i-candy, phil & teds and the nipper (by which time oldest child had decided she wanted to walk)! Actually Sammy Splodger have you checked your garage, maybe your husband has sold all of yours

20. Likes loocyloo, watgem liked this post
    sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

So good to know I am not the only one that is constantly getting 'new' buggies!! really love the 360 but cant get it through the doors.. wouldnt it be great if we could test drive a few?! I tried the Jane poweretwin but it tips to the side and up a steepish kerb with two big toddlers in, its hard to control, waste of money really, the brake was damaged in transit!

sept 12
    Non childminder member
    Please select
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok here goes... last week I gave 3 to the scrap man and today got out my Bruin Zia and another little umbrella type pushchair and put them out for him. I've got a Ladybird tandem pushchair, great for fitting through doorways but a nightmare for getting up steps, turning corners and getting on and off the bus! Also another little umbrella pushchair in the cupboard. Have just traded in £15 of tesco vouchers in the big exchange and ordered a Hauck Turbo single pushchair for £37.47 reduced from £74.94 so only had to pay £7.47 cash for it! Going to attach my Smorph buggypod that I got off Ebay to the side of it and see how that goes... hoping it'll be good as its only my ds age 3 who will go in it and it folds up out the way when not being used!
    For the record just told dh got another pushchair and we're now sitting in stony silence!

23. Likes watgem liked this post
    May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Dear I have a Quinny Buzz with all of the attachments, and an Urban Detour double that I am waiting for my grant to be released and I will pick it up. Don't like P&T as of the whole Ick factor if child on top is poorly or explosive.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose they all have pros & cons depending of what you want to use them for - I did ask several other childminders what double buggies they have and mostly said Phil & Ted's but then I considered what they use them for - mostly school runs and shopping in town, mostly short trips on narrow pavements and then realised I wanted a double buggy for completely different reasons eg: going on long walks with dogs and kids on rough ground and decided against the phil and ted's as I want both children to have the same experiences and view - I don't do school runs and do most of my shopping on my day off. Will test drive my new nipper out & about on Wednesday when I have a 2 year old and my 11 week old grandson - may be back on e-bay by the weekend!

26. Likes watgem liked this post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast