so far so good...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking so far so good...

Well, I'm feeling positive. I registered January 9th this year, and my 7th child has signed up. so now will be working 5 days a week with no spaces for under 5's on mondays or fridays (i have my own toddler too) Im well chuffed with that.

Just wanted to share that on here because I feel a bit silly keep updating people in my family who have no idea and don't seem to get excited for me.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

that's fab news! I hope things cont, to go well for you and your family x

3. Likes Kellyann36 liked this post
    Decembe
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Can u pass some of your little ones my way lol, very quiet here

Can I ask how you have advertised, and what has worked for you to get clients

5. Likes Kellyann36 liked this post
    Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

That's great. Well done you.

7. Likes Kellyann36 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chriss View Post
    Can u pass some of your little ones my way lol, very quiet here

Can I ask how you have advertised, and what has worked for you to get clients
    thanks guys!!
    Honestly I have just advertised online, *****, childcare.co.uk, gumtree, vivastreet - but I've had nothing from those. Mine have all been through my facebook page, and word of mouth. I have always gone to lots of baby groups with my little man and stuff so met a few people that way who tell others about me. There are lots of childminders in the area and was worried at first I wouldn't get anything but at the moment im happy - im not making a fortune by any means but im working, earning a little bit towards bills and still looking after my own children so im happy

9. Likes chriss, lynncjt liked this post
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

How lovely to read! You do sound very happy, and have made me smile as I feel the same although I'm not yet full (my choice!).

11. Likes Kellyann36 liked this post
    Feb 200
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done, word of mouth is a powerful thing, you must be doing a fab job!

13. Likes Kellyann36 liked this post
    Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats great, youve done really well.

15. Likes Kellyann36 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MessybutHappy View Post
    How lovely to read! You do sound very happy, and have made me smile as I feel the same although I'm not yet full (my choice!).
    I'm not usually the most confident of people, and the more people who come to look around/meet me the more confident I'll get, so far everybody who has come to look around has accepted a place. I know it won't always be like this, BUT I need to do work hard in order for people to want to recommend me in the future. I also asked my DO to come and have a look at what I'm doing to make sure that I am doing everything I should be as I haven't seen her since quite a while before I registered. She was happy with my children's profiles and stuff but is coming back to give me a little more support on planning. Lots of work, but its a job that I love so its soooo worth it x

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

That's fabulous, well done you!!

I've had about 7 enquiries, 4 of which came to look round but have only had 2 want to sign. Could only take on one of them though as I've filled my under 1 space full time with a shift worker. Just hope it's not going to be a disadvantage to me as mums are going back to work earlier now!

Jul 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done. I'm slowly building up but mostly wrap around. I could do with a few more days being busier with little ones. I'm itching to have some chatty ones during the days, 3 or 4 year olds.

Decembe
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

So what documents would you have out to show parents on a first visit? What to ask and how to make the best impression

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chriss View Post
    So what documents would you have out to show parents on a first visit? What to ask and how to make the best impression
    On a first visit, I usually have on the table my policies and procedures, my folder of certificates, my sons learning journey which I keep purposely to show parents to save me showing them anyone elses. A copy of the EYFS info for parents. I tell them that they are there if they wish to have a look.

I do a quick show around, talk about what I use different areas of the house for etcm my usual routines and how I can adapt them to suit the individual child etc. I have a general chat about their needs and requirements and try to get some info about the child talk about how I could help and what I can offer. I don't think I have anything in particular to impress. Most people like my play room though. I ALWAYS get nervous, but I always just try and be myself, dunno - I must just make people feel welcome and reassured somehow.

21. Likes chriss liked this post