Anyone doing the Healthy Settings Award in Devon?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone doing the Healthy Settings Award in Devon?

As the title suggests I'm wondering whether anyone is doing or has done the healthy settings award in Devon? I'm doing mine but keep looking at putting together my portfolio and not knowing where to start!
    Like my ideas on Facebook 'Play, naturally'

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bumping post!

I've done a Cheshire East healthy eating award with my partner the chef. There was a list of questions to answer about our food and drink provision and they wanted to see menus and parents gave reports...

Is it something like that?

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done the Healthy Early Years Setting Award (HEYS) which is done in 3 levels bronze, silver and gold and covers all aspects of health including, healthy eating, safeguarding, Physical health, mental and emotional health, Loss and change and staff health. It was a few years ago but can dig out my portfolios and assessments if you need ideas. If it's HEYS you are doing. I'm Worcestershire.
    Carol x

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours seems to be slightly different. It's split into 5 sections (management, care and learning, ethos, well being etc ) and each section has about 20 points we need to show evidence for. It basically requires you to show that being a healthy setting is at the heart of everything you do eg shown in policies, evident in your curriculum etc. it's designed for settings which include nurseries, per schools and childminders and the management section is particularly hard for childminders as you're supposed to show evidence of healthy settings being discussed in meetings etc!

I am going to start putting together my evidence within the next week. When I get stuck on individual points ill probably be back for some advice!
    Like my ideas on Facebook 'Play, naturally'

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Does sound similar to the one I dis as I had a management section too. I covered this by answering as if the childminder I got together regularly with was staff and how we did training, planning, evaluation, discussions etc together. Even down to the Chinese and a bottle shared when we did a topic planning evening .

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Extreeeeeeemly Healthy setting mine is
    Carol xx

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you use the search box, top right and enter HEYS my posts come up from 2010 when we finished it.
    Carol x