Taking on a nearly 5 year old who is not in school
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Taking on a nearly 5 year old who is not in school

I just want to check where I stand legally. I've got a contract for 2 siblings to start with me on Monday, they have just moved from another town. The oldest will be 5 in July and as yet the council have not been able to offer her a reception school place in my town. The siblings have been living with grandparent in other town for last couple of weeks but mum wants them living with her (u derstandably) so she has pulled oldest from school until council give her a school place. Mum has text to ask if I can have both next week until school situation is sorted. My question is would I get into trouble as she is not in school? My thinking is that it's no different if mum had delayed her going to school for another year as she is a July child?

Your thoughts and advice please?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

She doesn't legally have to be in education until the term after she turns 5, so September. You won't get into trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freckleonear View Post
    She doesn't legally have to be in education until the term after she turns 5, so September. You won't get into trouble.
    Phew! Thanks for the advice.

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

The child will NOT count as a rising 5 though as not in full time school, they will count as an under 5 for ratio purposes!

5. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muffins View Post
    The child will NOT count as a rising 5 though as not in full time school, they will count as an under 5 for ratio purposes!
    Crumbs! Yes, I didn't think of that, thankfully it would only cause a problem for me on a Weds so I'm sure we can work around it by her mil having them just that day.

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skatie View Post
    Crumbs! Yes, I didn't think of that, thankfully it would only cause a problem for me on a Weds so I'm sure we can work around it by her mil having them just that day.
    Glad it still works out for you xx