Bad circulation?!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad circulation?!

Just wondered if anyone else had come across

This ., mindee aged 2, has been funny about standing when he gets down from the table after mealtimes. Because he is only 2 and three months he kneels at table and I guess his leg goes to sleep but he cries and it goes from under him,, this happened twice yesterday and once today.. It also happened a couple of weeks ago and I actually rang mum as I thought maybe he had twisted or sprained ankle at home. Now I am seeing a pattern so guess this must be it,, I have moved him on from a booster seat at table as I had a couple of babies starting and he is a stocky chap so wasnt fitting all that well into it but also he is very co ordinated and independent so well able to climb up sit at table etc

I will have a chat with mum at pick up and see what he sits in at home, would worry about putting a cushion or something under him in case it slipped off

Post Thanks / Like

I'd pop him back on the booster seat until he can sit at the table without kneeling. You can get inflatable booster seats which might be better for him cos you can blow it up so it's the right height for him or maybe just a normal dining seat cushion that ties on so won't slip off.

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not surprised his legs get wobbly kneeling at the table, it would make my legs wobbly too. I don't think it is a good idea, sitting is a better option, however it is obtained.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two plastic boosters and an inflatable which is fab as you can obviously adjust the height of it

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

My son always complains about having pins and needles after sitting at the table for dinner. I think it's from the way he sits at the table. Like others have said try him sitting on a booster seat and see how you get on. Hx

Decembe
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not bad circulation as such, its just the bodys normal reaction. See what mum does at home, maybe a cushion that ties to the seat if you think he isn't at risk of falling off the chair.
    I would say no to kneeling like this for any length of time as it could cause him to faint also.