Childcare.co.uk
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Childcare.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Childcare.co.uk

Does anyone know if parents have to pay and become a member to be able to message back?
    Thanks
    Leah

Registered Childminder since
    June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

No I don't think they do

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks, just strange that I have messaged 10 people and only one reply!

Maybe they are just being ignorant x

Nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah parents pay to get your details and message you. I have a seperate website so parents can search Google for me after having seen my profile on childcare. I've had a few enquiries where parents have done this because they don't want to pay.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I'm new and just pre reg! I was wondering if a parent has an advert on there and you pay to subscribe and reply to them in a message can they read it? But can't reply? Thanks

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they do have to pay but if your a gold member then they can reply to messages without paying. People are just rude, trust me its not just you. Some of mine dont even read the messages let alone get back to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh really? I have paid for a month so am a gold member, looks like they are just being rude then! It is so frustrating!
    Can anyone recommend any other websites? X

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Basically it's free for everyone to have a basic profile but whoever you are, be it a parent, childminder, nanny etc, you have to upgrade to be able to view profile plus info (like mobile or email) or to initiate a conversation with someone else.

You do not have to have gold membership to reply to someone's message.

You will be very lucky to get a parent to contact you initially.

And yes a lot of parents don't reply for some reason. I personally would reply to someone even if an enquiry was no good but not everyone is the same! You can tell who has read your email because the letter icon is shown open or on the mobile app the blue dot disappears.

Unfortunately I've not found any other website that is better. Word of mouth is usually my best bet!

HTH

9. Likes Richard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks rick, so I need to message everyone then to get a reply! Just checked if read an only a few have been! It's so frustrating that the ones that have read are ignoring it!
    Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the same sent msgs to about 10 people and only one got back to me. And she hast moved house yer but wants to keep my details so hats something i suppose Xx

oct 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you advertised on *****. I got some from there. Also tip for childcare site, search for last login rather than nearest as most of my nearest searches hadn't been logged on for months or even years. Also if you log in regular you will be near the top of list if parents are looking.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SDC34cr View Post
    Have you advertised on *****. I got some from there. Also tip for childcare site, search for last login rather than nearest as most of my nearest searches hadn't been logged on for months or even years. Also if you log in regular you will be near the top of list if parents are looking.
    .....and if you have a photo you will regularly appear as the featured profile at the very top of the list!

14. Likes Richard liked this post