Parent always arrives late!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parent always arrives late!!!

I have a parent that brings their child whatever time she feels like it basically! I have explained on numerous occasions that we had been waiting to go out or that the child had missed an activity, she just doesn't seem to care arrrrghhhh!!!!
    Rach x

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't wait in! I had one like this, a couple of times coming to find me at toddler group put an end to it! Put a note on the door and go

3. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't find it a huge problem if a child gets dropped off late as long as we're not planning to go out.
    If you have an activity, let her know when you'll be going out and then if she's late dropping off you'll be out - she'll either have to come & find you or else will miss out on her hours. (You just need to be very clear with her beforehand that she will still be responsible for paying for those hours as it is her choice not to have brought her child at the agreed time)

5. Likes watgem liked this post
    Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You just need to be firm and tell her that she has to be at your house by X hours as you are going out. I used to have a parent who did this even though I always tell people I leave for the school run ten minutes earlier than I actually do. One day this parent arrive as I was actually on the school run she passed me in her car. I carried on walking to school and she was waiting at my house when I got back 15 mins later. Guess what???? She never did it again.
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jo.jo76 View Post
    Don't wait in! I had one like this, a couple of times coming to find me at toddler group put an end to it! Put a note on the door and go
    Thanks... I'm going to do that, I'm getting fed up of waiting when the other children are all ready to go to the park, play centre etc
    Rach x

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daftbat View Post
    You just need to be firm and tell her that she has to be at your house by X hours as you are going out. I used to have a parent who did this even though I always tell people I leave for the school run ten minutes earlier than I actually do. One day this parent arrive as I was actually on the school run she passed me in her car. I carried on walking to school and she was waiting at my house when I got back 15 mins later. Guess what???? She never did it again.
    I bet she didn't, parents don't like to wait! Especially this one haha I'm gonna just do what's planned from now on... Thanks
    Rach x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jo.jo76 View Post
    I agree. that's what I do
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got