10 year old boys!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 10 year old boys!

Help what can we do at home with this age group? I'm ok when we hour but not always possible??? Ideas please???

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My 11 year old son plays with the mindees, brilliant with children, loves them.

Does he have a DS, ipod, sort of electrical he could bring what about a playstation ( games vetted),computer, going out park, garden center, library.

Origami websites keep mine entertained and quiet for hours, cooking (cleaning bowl with finger a must), playing footbal in the garden, if you have a wall outside what about a bat and bowl, I used to spend hours when I was little doing this.

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 12 +13 mindees during the hols, they bring ps3 and laptops with them, at the moment 13 yr is on his tablet with a 3 yr old and
    they are playing games, it's lovely to watch older ones interact with the lo's, also hanve a 6 + 7 yr playing on a kindle fire, no squabbles
    so far. They also bring scooters and balls we do craft and make cakes and all the ages love it
    Cath

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cathtee View Post
    I have 12 +13 mindees during the hols, they bring ps3 and laptops with them, at the moment 13 yr is on his tablet with a 3 yr old and
    they are playing games, it's lovely to watch older ones interact with the lo's, also hanve a 6 + 7 yr playing on a kindle fire, no squabbles
    so far. They also bring scooters and balls we do craft and make cakes and all the ages love it
    I have an 8 year old in the holidays and I am struggling what to do as well. If the weather is nice I would take them to the park for a bit. They like the games consoles but I dont want then on it all day. Sometimes I let him play games on the laptop as well. You can take them museums, libraries (its free) but Ive already done that now.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 9 yr old boy today, also 3 younger children. They have all enjoyed baking biscuits this morning. Junk modelling tommorrow . Parks and museum are always enjoyed by all of them.

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been to becketts farm and saw the baby animals, on Friday we are going to umberslade children's farm as I have some 2 for 1 vouchers. Next week we are going to an indoor play centre and West Midlands safari park I have some money off vouchers as as you get a free return voucher we go back again either August or October half term.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.