Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: *****

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default *****

Am having an ongoing conversation with ***** about advertising myself as a nursery provider. They claim I am not a nursery and refuse to out me on their nursery page. They say 'people looking for a day nursery would not be interested in using a childminder'
    What about people who do not know they could claim their hours in a home setting whoso prefer that for their child?
    I need to get the word out that I offer this provision .
    Any suggestions?
    Furious with *****....
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

BuggsieMoo Guest

You're a Quality Assured Network Provider who is registered with and approved by the Local Authority to offer funded places of 15 hours per week to 3/4 year olds (and 2 year olds who if you are also registered for them). This is something that nurseries are also able to offer but as an Ofsted Registered Childminder you are also able to offer this provision after training and approval.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Jadavi - is this advertising in the sense of a free listing on *****' nursery page, or are you looking to take out a paid ad on the ***** site?

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Childminders who are QA need good or outstanding

Nurseries can have satisfactory says it all!!

I haven't needed to advertise my funded spaces but that's rubbish about *****!!

Have you tried ******? Make sure you local FIS has it in their details

X

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand why you would want to advertise there and you are right many parents do not realise childminders can offer this service but as a QA childminder you are not a nursery so I can see why they have refused your request. Can you not advertise on the childminder part and put in bold what you offer?

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, this was in the free listing. I hadnt thought of paying but I could....

Yes I can put it in my childminding page CCL but parents looking for places for free funding arent going to be looking under childminders.....

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The site owners are always going to control what goes on their site - doubly so, if it's a case of a 'something for nothing' free listing.

I think you're right that many parents assume the free places are only available through nurseries, though I've seen and heard things to suggest this is gradually changing.

Even if you did manage to get onto the *****' nursery listing, would it achieve anything with parents who already have the "need a free place, so only look for nurseries" notion fixed in their minds? Don't you think they'd maybe just scroll straight past your entry, muttering "why's she put that in the wrong place?"

Hope you do find a good way of promoting this aspect of your service.

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see that reasoning at all (also what they say!)
    It is nursery education they are looking for and a minority of parents may apprec the option of having that provision in a quieter cosier one to one setting. Also a number of children with special needs could prefer it.

But more than that ... Parents don't know this is an option and need educating. (not saying this is better of course not, but everyone wants to know all their options don't they?)

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I suppose what they need is a new section all settings (and I do hate that word im not a setting but a home) that offer the 2/3/4 funding.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

10. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    I don't see that reasoning at all (also what they say!)
    It is nursery education they are looking for and a minority of parents may apprec the option of having that provision in a quieter cosier one to one setting. Also a number of children with special needs could prefer it.

But more than that ... Parents don't know this is an option and need educating. (not saying this is better of course not, but everyone wants to know all their options don't they?)
    You'd think so, but.............

Most people say they want lots of information and choice. When you give them lots of information and choice, many of them drown in it, and say they want simplicity.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rubybubbles View Post
    Childminders who are QA need good or outstanding

Nurseries can have satisfactory says it all!!

I haven't needed to advertise my funded spaces but that's rubbish about *****!!

Have you tried ******? Make sure you local FIS has it in their details

X
    No. In our County now because they only had 35 Accredited CM (there are 1600-1700 cm in the county) when the rules were that you had to be Good or Outstanding and have the County Quality Accreditation they have changed the rules here. We now can deliver the Funded places with a Satisfactory grading or higher and do not have to have the Quality Assurance but we do have to have a Level 3. We have no Networks in our County so we can't belong to one!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

As a Childminder I would not want to advertise on the Nursery pages even if I deliver the Funded Spaces. I can't see the problem with just advertising on the Childcare Page and tell people that you are able to offer the Funded places.

I think I have to agree with ***** on this. You are not by any description a Nursery you are a Childminder.

14. Likes lorettacritchet liked this post
    May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a sub-page for accredited childminders would be an idea.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomie View Post
    I think a sub-page for accredited childminders would be an idea.
    I think it would confuse parents and may make some think they can not use Accredited CM if they don't have a 3yr old.

Post Thanks / Like

Why not ask them to create a sub section called 2,3 & 4 year old funding section or similar, don't think most parents would know what an accredited childminder was