Angry Parent Upset Me :-(
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Angry Parent Upset Me :-(

After picking up mindees last night, mum text to ask if my son or other mindee's were sick because one of her daughters had just been very sick.
    I said that they hadn't and that daughter had been fine the whole time she was here. She then asked if I could give them tea tonight - I said that would be fine but if it was a sickness bug I wouldn't be able to have her....I then heard nothing!!
    I text this morning asking how she was...nothing. She just didn't turn up & eventually just text saying she had to make alternative arrangements (fair enough) was at work and would see me next week!!

I'm feeling angry & a little upset - she is obviously annoyed at me but she knows I cant mind a sick child - she wouldn't like it if I let another child with a sickness bug come & risk germs for her girls :-(
    I have tried to be flexible for this mum but feeling bit rubbish now today.

Does anyone else have problems like this? I'm not in the wrong am I?!

Kim x

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't you let this worry you hun, she knows your rules regarding sickness and like you said she would not be happy if you let another sick child into your home with her children there.
    It does sound to me that as you have said the child can't come she left it at that and found someone else (family member) to have her until she is better and she will see/speak to you next week when she is better? Maybe you are reading into it wrongly xx

Apr 92
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kime View Post
    After picking up mindees last night, mum text to ask if my son or other mindee's were sick because one of her daughters had just been very sick.

I'm feeling angry & a little upset - she is obviously annoyed at me but she knows I cant mind a sick child - she wouldn't like it if I let another child with a sickness bug come & risk germs for her girls :-(
    I have tried to be flexible for this mum but feeling bit rubbish now today.

Does anyone else have problems like this? I'm not in the wrong am I?!

Kim x
    Its called trying it on. Lots of parents try it. The one who sneaked a child in last week was stuck later as I got it and closed. They at least felt guilty.
    Tunja

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mollypop you are prob right, I'm prob reading too much into it. She's just usually much friendlier in her messages!

Hope you have a good day :-)

5. Likes Mollymop liked this post
    aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I think she is probably kicking herself becasue she dropped herself in it

she admitted her child had been sick and then realised that meant you couldnt have her , oh dear

So I would forget all about whether she is angry with you or not and rise above it , (easier said than done I know) but dont let it ruin your weekend

Ive wasted far too much time worrying over what parents are thinking and Ive come to realise that they probably upset me then dont give me another thought

she will get over it when she remembers that she needs you

Post Thanks / Like

Really Tunja?! What is wrong with parents, they don't seem to understand that we are not being unreasonable-it just makes sense that we shouldn't take sick children!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Phoenix2010 :-) you have all made me feel much better!

My husband (who is in army) is going away for 6 months after this weekend so I am going to enjoy my weekend with him & my son rather than worry about it-like you say she prob hasn't worried that she upset me!!

Have a good weekend guys xx

9. Likes Toothfairy, Shamai liked this post
    aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kime View Post
    Thanks Phoenix2010 :-) you have all made me feel much better!

My husband (who is in army) is going away for 6 months after this weekend so I am going to enjoy my weekend with him & my son rather than worry about it-like you say she prob hasn't worried that she upset me!!

Have a good weekend guys xx
    Oh goodness me , then you have far more important things to think about than a silly parent

Hope you have a fabby weekend xx

june 83
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I always think that text messages can be read wrong and she probably does not mean it like you have read it, you have done the right thing and you have too much to enjoy this weekend so do not let this parent upset you and have a good weekend, as I am sure she will

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in a similar situation, my daughter had chicken pox a couple of weeks back, I kept minding all but 1 day as all my parents needed me to look after their children, I sent messages to all parents saying that obviously their children would be at risk of catching it if they haven't had it yet and should their children catch it, they would need to stay home until spots healed over due to being contagious, well one by one they have caught it, first family, fantastic, kept lo off! Second family sends text this morning asking if I could have 4 year old as she couldn't go to school as she has... Yes you guessed it: chicken pox, and one couldn't take time off as she's a teacher and dad had a very important meeting! I didn't see message in time and they just turned up expecting me to have her... We put on the spot I said id take her but shouldn't and wasn't happy about it, but they didn't seem bothered!! Oh well lesson learnt, next time I'll be on my guard and prepared!!

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Just remember a school or a nursery won't take them ill, so why do they think CMs can?
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?