Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default triple pram..joovy ..testdrive !!!

took my new joovy big caboose out for her maiden vogage today.2 babies on board .one of them is a big boy(nearly 9 months and wears 18mnth clothes),its heavy ..really heavy,but it was ok.a bit heavy on the steering and pulls to the side when the pavement has a slope but if you're aware of it i found steering in the opposite direction helped.the shopping basket is huge but with the weight of the pram i doubt i'll be loading it up with anything heavy.got loads of "OOOHHH and AAAHHHH's " from passers by.The seats dont recline very far but one of the babies fell asleep and stayed asleep for the full hour and half of playgroup so must be quite comfortable.I let my 2 yr old mindee have a little ride on the built in buggy board but i made him get off for the hill as my back is done in today(probably because of the aforementioned baby who started last week )but he thought it was great .my house has 2 steps leading upto the front door but it went up easily in one go.

so scores on the doors
    STYLE ..5/5 ..it looks great
    COMFORT...4/5..nice roomy padded seat but would prefer a slightly better recline
    VERSITILITY...5/5..can take 2 carseats(if you've had your spinach) or 2 babies from 6 months plus a toddler,and doesnt look stupid with only 2 kids in it
    PRICE..5/5 ..bargain at £250 for a triple !! including raincover
    PUSHABILITY..3/5..a bit like pushing a small wardrobe,but great for steps and curbs if you use your foot on the buggy board for leverage
    ACCESS..4/5 can fit through any door as its standard width but probably wouldnt get through a park gate as its very long
    FOLDUPABILITY..1/5 i think it looks bigger folded than it is set up .!!!

on the whole i think its a great puchchair
    Last edited by dette; 18-03-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Glitter Guest

I have Joovy double and love it. I might need a triple in the future so your review is very interesting.
    On the double it is possible to buy an extra seat to convert the back seat in to a proper seat (suitable from 6 months old).
    Do you know if this is possible for the triple one, so it is suitable for three babies?
    Thanks.

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i'm not sure.it looks like the harness for the toddler seat may be in the way .unless you unscrewed it i suppose .i imagine you would have the same set up on the double so there must be some way round it

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh interesting! Did you try any grass or uneven surfaces?

Post Thanks / Like

How's it going with the Big Caboose?
    Still slightly tempted...

Would be grateful for update Ta!
    :-D

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tried one of these with two 18 months olds in - nearly tipped over! Be warned!

Hi, all.

I tried the Joovy Big Caboose only the other day that I bought from Amazon. I had two 18 month-olds in it. Walking along the pavement on the way to school, I'd only gone a few feet when it started veering into the road. It is very heavy to steer. I managed to get it back to the correct position. Next time it tried veering off, I tried to adjust the steering and it almost tipped over!! Be very careful if you're ordering this buggy. It comes with loads of 'stability' warnings - you can't even hang a bag from the handle, apparently.

Mine was brand new, just out of the box. I sent it straight back after one outing. Amazon were amazing. They sent a courier to collect it a their cost.

In addition, it stands at almost 6 foot tall when folded and doesn't have a resting bar as you would expect to keep it upright, so you have to manually manouevre this very tall, very heavy (34 kg - 3 stone) buggy into a position where you can tie it to something to keep it from crushing a child. I managed to tie it to a cot and then tied a door open so that the children couldn't get in to untie it.

I wanted to post this as I am very concerned about the stability and safety of this buggy. It's a real beast. I also got loads of "oohs" and "aahs", but it nearly killed my back, which was bad enough, but I certainly couldn't rely on it to allow school age children to walk beside it (which is what I got it for). Forget getting it into a car, either, unless you drive the number 44 bus or a Luton van.

Thanks for reading,

L

7. Likes Koala liked this post