Do u ever swap one siblings hours for anothers?!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do u ever swap one siblings hours for anothers?!

Have two mindees who are sisters .. One is three and other one is one. Older one been with me year and a half and does three full days a week. Mum would like me to have younger one the same but I don't have the hours available so I have her one full day and two half days a week. Today should have been just a morning but older one is running temp so mum kept her home so now I am gonna have little sis all day instead. Question is do I charge the extra hours? Both have been off sick on and off last few weeks and mum is great and keeps them home (self employed from home) or will pick up no problem if I call her so have had a lot of pay recently without having the kids here .. What do u think?

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally as she is a good parent, I would do the swap and not charge her extra, but make it clear its this time as a gesture of goodwill so you dont set a precedent

3. Likes loocyloo, Goatgirl, christine e liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reply this is what I am worried about., it took me a good year to 'train' her to my way of thinking!!!

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I would probably do it but make a comment along the lines of I probably should charge you but.....
    Although I can be way too soft with all my parents and do swaps all the time, none of them take the mickey though they are a fab bunch!!

6. Likes vickie-marieo liked this post
    Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fionamadcat View Post
    I would probably do it but make a comment along the lines of I probably should charge you but.....
    Although I can be way too soft with all my parents and do swaps all the time, none of them take the mickey though they are a fab bunch!!
    I am the same as you Fiona, have great parents and want to nurture that relationship. No one takes the mickey and I do occasionally say its not convenient to make it clear I am not a pushover, but I get paid no problems, manage to get any time off I need even if short notice, and flexibility as far as I am concerned works both ways.

8. Likes vickie-marieo liked this post
    oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree - it depends on the parent.
    I recently swapped a day for my 2 sibling mindees. didnt have them Monday and had them Thursday instead, a day i don't usually work!

Didnt charge extra altough it meant working 4 days instead of 3 because mum is great, always pays on time, gives me extra money if we go to soft play etc.
    Other parents i would charge!