Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Birth to Three/Every Child Matters

Hello. I'm getting myself all in a pickle and totally confused! Could someone pleeeeease explain if any of these two things exist anymore?? Did ECH replace Birth to Three, and has ECH now been replaced by something else? Also, what do we need to be showing on the paperwork side of things regarding Characteristics of Effective Learning???

Thanks my lovelies! I think I'm going a bit doo-lally!

Hels xx

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This recent thread mentions ECM not really being relevant

RE: Every Child Matters Inserts for P&P's - How do you divide your EYFS P&Ps?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Birth to 3 isn't really defunct - it just slithered away and the best bits were incorporated into the EYFS. they did try to resurrect it a bit with the revised EYFS in Sept last year but it didn't get far.

ECM was the big cheese until the coalition govt came along and closed the website down. ECM has now disappeared from the revised SEF which was the last place it clung on really....

The characteristics are the ways children learn - have a nosey in free resources I have put some info in there

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Birth to 3 isn't really defunct - it just slithered away and the best bits were incorporated into the EYFS. they did try to resurrect it a bit with the revised EYFS in Sept last year but it didn't get far.

ECM was the big cheese until the coalition govt came along and closed the website down. ECM has now disappeared from the revised SEF which was the last place it clung on really....

The characteristics are the ways children learn - have a nosey in free resources I have put some info in there
    So I don't need any reference to either of these two things, is that what you're saying? I'll have a lil look through the free resources, thanks. I feel like I'm going round in circles...I can't find a way I actually LIKE re my paperwork! LOL

Hels xx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told that Birth to 3 is still useful to use but you don't need to reference it anywhere - but I too have got confused which things work in conjunction with other things and which things have been scrapped!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Dempster View Post
    So I don't need any reference to either of these two things, is that what you're saying?
    Yes that's what I am saying...

I have totally given up tbh and I am using the old favourite - alphabetical order

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the revised EYFS and each child has a copy of their age related development matters in their learning journey, but I've been using birth to three matters for some babies I care for who have some development delays (they were born prem and are twins). I feel its a little more in depth and gives me something to show that they are making progress.
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx