Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childminding Cafe - anyone a member?

My development officer e-mailed everyone today about a website called the "childminding cafe" aparently it has a good article on it about childminding agencies (but I can't find it). But I have never heard of the childminding cafe and just wondered how many people are members of it and wondered why they would want to be - it costs £29 a year and is "amanda" a member of our forum?

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just googled (childminder cafe) it and it comes up not sure how much can be put on here but try it, it would appear that it is for members only not sure if any section is open to non members.
    Last edited by QualityCare; 08-03-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I've looked at it but can't see how it can be better than this forum, cetainly wouldn't pay£29 to find out.

june 98
    Post Thanks / Like

Default wendy1967

Hi i am a member of the childminding cafe. I have found it very useful. yes it does cost £29 for the year,but i think it is well worth it.Loads of useful information and downloads.I am from shrewsbury shropshire and my local council introduced a subscription 2 years ago, pay £140 a year for your development officer to visit you every term,you can email her, or phone her, and courses on a credit system or if you didn't pay you just get one visit a year and one email and if you want any courses you have to pay to attend.I never paid the first year as was very annoyed they could charge,for this service,but after a year of struggling i have signed up.The childminding cafe helped me with lots of information.Have a look maybe well worth it.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm sure I've read that someone on here is a member. Dont think the owner is? I get all I need here :0)

june 98
    Post Thanks / Like

Default wendy1967

Sorry didn't read on you get loads of information on here which is great and i do enjoy reading threads,i must admit i have read things on here,which has then reminded me that i need to do that.(thank's).I am the sort of person that needs to see things in black and white,to understand what i am supposed to do,if somebody just tells me it's in one ear and out the other,(i think it is my age).I think this meeting place is fantastic.Long may it continue

Post Thanks / Like

There was an article in nursery world a few months ago about this site. Did have a look but really didnt see it as worth £29 a month for!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am s member and have used dome of their paperwork. After a burst of use I haven't been on for aged. I am way too busy trying to get 300 posts!

10. Likes phoenix2010 liked this post
    Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

£29 a month, do they think we are made of money!! or should we add this on to our parents bills?

No i'll just pluck it of the tree in the garden like I do to pay for:- training, carpet cleaning, re decorating and oh yes toys, telephone, gas electric ..........
    you know all that stuff that we get for free, I hope you told your development officer that you would send them the bill!!

If I get one more organisation taking their cut out of my pocket, I might as well just give them the blood from my veins. Yes, its renewal time, insurance, ofsted, and all that cr*p.

Sorry guys it's been a bad day. Thank goodness its Friday.
    Last edited by sarah707; 09-03-2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: OP knows why!

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really sure what you could get from another site that isn't already on here. This forum is jam packed full of information! And best of all, it's FREE!

13. Likes watgem liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    £29 a month, do they think we are made of money!! or should we add this on to our parents bills?

No i'll just pluck it of the tree in the garden like I do to pay for:- training, carpet cleaning, re decorating and oh yes toys, telephone, gas electric ..........
    you know all that stuff that we get for free, I hope you told your development officer that you would send them the bill!!

If I get one more organisation taking their cut out of my pocket, I might as well just give them the blood from my veins. Yes, its renewal time, insurance, ofsted, and all that cr*p.

Sorry guys it's been a bad day. Thank F*** its Friday.
    It's £29 for the first year then £22 a year after that. Not £29 a month. And it's not compulsory. I doubt there's anything on there you can't get for free somewhere on the Internet.

15. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are lots of places online for information and advice.

First port of call - check out free Forum resources

Free Downloads

If anyone ever wants documents added you just need to ask me and I will put something together to be uploaded

17. Likes loocyloo, RuthJ liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry I wasn't suggesting anyone join another website for advice - I am more than happy on here and yes I did e-mail my DO straight back asking her to send out the link to our petitions and campaigns section - I did ask her to do it a month ago and she hasn't done it, so was very cross that she sent out a link to a website we have to pay for to view!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i also would like to know why LA's are promoting this woman's 'cafe' over free forums. I got the same e-mail from my LA last year and wrote to them and pointed out there are lots of free forums and they should be promoting these. They never told me why they chose to promote her and promised to send a link to our forum with the next mail out - but it never happened
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My LO often send emails promoting our lovely forums petitions

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    i also would like to know why LA's are promoting this woman's 'cafe' over free forums. I got the same e-mail from my LA last year and wrote to them and pointed out there are lots of free forums and they should be promoting these. They never told me why they chose to promote her and promised to send a link to our forum with the next mail out - but it never happened
    It annoys me when the LA promotes money making businesses. Schools, clinic, childrens' centres etc won't let individual cms advertise with them as they say they can't be seen to be endorsing any businesses, yet LAs often promote businesses, giving the impression that they are recommending them.
    I had a bit of an arguement with them over a certain milk agent. There had already been problems with the agent over claimimg, but the LA regularly sent out details of how to join. I said they should also be giving details of other ways to claim back your money (ie. through the NMRU), but they didn't ever do it.

22. Likes hectors house liked this post