Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: The cheek...

Registered Childminder since
    Reg Jan
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry The cheek...

Took our friend/neighbours LG on in Sept after keeping a space for them for 9 months. They basically messed me about with hours etc, have tried to get out of paying for their hol & other things. They have now given notice as they want her to go to nursery and I am so relieved! Been nothing but problems. I have def learnt a few lessons!! Bent over backwards, no retainer, pay in errears etc............ANYWAY...they told me about a month ago that they were taking next thur off as its hubby's birthday & he wants to spend the day with her. So I wrote it on calendar...I get home from college last night & she has rung & spoken to my husband cancelling hol as he would like a lie in. Is this OK? Guess they think as they are paying for it she may as well come. How do you stand so I know in future. Personally I think its cheeky but I am working anyway so its not a problem...Thoughts anyone please.....Thanks!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Go with your policy / contract - and don't mind for friends / family again

Hugs xx

Reg Jan
    Post Thanks / Like

Will have to add something into my policies lol. Its all a learning curve isn't it

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have it in my policies that if parents book time off then chamge their mind with less than 2 weeks to go there is no guarantee I will be able to have their child, but they will still need to pay for the space.
    I explain that if they tell me their child will not be coming I may use the opportunity to make other arrangements that I can't then change.

I added this to my policy after being messed around too many times with parents booking time off then changing their mind at the last minute. I felt that as I was being paid I would have to have the children, but it was so annoying at times. It's been so much better since I changed my policy

5. Likes lucyD liked this post
    Reg Jan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I have it in my policies that if parents book time off then chamge their mind with less than 2 weeks to go there is no guarantee I will be able to have their child, but they will still need to pay for the space.
    I explain that if they tell me their child will not be coming I may use the opportunity to make other arrangements that I can't then change.

I added this to my policy after being messed around too many times with parents booking time off then changing their mind at the last minute. I felt that as I was being paid I would have to have the children, but it was so annoying at times. It's been so much better since I changed my policy

Fab, thanks. Have now amended my policies. That's one good thing that has come from this, it has taught me to toughen up & get my policies water tight. I have been quite naive and can't believe how people treat you sometimes. Friends seem to be the worst. To be honest I have seen her in a new light & doubt I will want much to do with her after the contract ends. My husband is so angry at how she has treated me!

Onwards and upwards!!

Thanks x