What a load of poo!!!(NCMA Local)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I struggle to get to meeting or courses as dh works away mid week so no childcare for my children . Would love to be able to contribute :-(

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by It's a small world View Post
    I struggle to get to meeting or courses as dh works away mid week so no childcare for my children . Would love to be able to contribute :-(
    You can be a member of your local group online NCMA Local

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bananabrain View Post
    In six years of minding, I have gleaned more information from this website than practically anywhere else. In fact, if it wasn't for you guys, I'd have given up.
    A local minder asked me last week how I knew so much about the agency proposals/inspections etc.
    My answer? I make it my business to find out!!!!! Childminding is my living, not just a hobby!
    I agree. I had a CM say to me the other day that she has no idea what is required with the changes under the EYFS and has been waiting for her inspection since last summer and a parent who was all prepared to sign up with me and then cancelled and is now going with her....oh well

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caz3007 View Post
    I agree. I had a CM say to me the other day that she has no idea what is required with the changes under the EYFS and has been waiting for her inspection since last summer and a parent who was all prepared to sign up with me and then cancelled and is now going with her....oh well
    I suppose we just have to accept that there are still some minders out there who mind for 'a bit of pin money.'
    Although even if that were the case with me, I'd still try and do it to the best of my ability.
    A minder local to me has only just started using registers after she was pulled up on it. How she managed to get away without recording children's arrival and departure for so many years is anyone's guess! She has the same grade as me and parents apparently think she is fab. [She has also been known to take her mindees to the hairdressers and they have to sit and wait while she has her hair done.]
    As you say, Ho Hum.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree that its not needed ive been minding for 8years and been in childcare for 13years and everything ive learnt is down to hard work and research. This is my business and am here to make a profit and do not feel the need to help others to improve their business and then take work from me!!! I hate going to the network meetings in my area as being a male all i get is dirty looks and am seen as being up myself as have an uniform with registered and qualified childminder embroided across it!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

on our 'local' ncma local ... there are 6 childminders registered ...

i am the only one who said i would go to a meeting - over an hours drive from me. i then had to cancel as DH was working away. i haven't heard if it happened or not, i've posted a message or 2 on local site - appears to be only me that looks at it!

there is no NCMA presence in my county.

muckily my LA is fantastic for childminders and offers support, we are also a rural county and have few childminders spread over a vast area.

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

i am the only one who said i would go to a meeting - over an hours drive from me. i then had to cancel as DH was working away. i haven't heard if it happened or not, i've posted a message or 2 on local site - appears to be only me that looks at it!

muckily my LA is fantastic for childminders and offers support, we are also a rural county and have few childminders spread over a vast area.
    Those of us who have NCMA support in our counties only have it because our respective LA's buy the service of NCMA to provide the support locally - sounds like your LA provides the support themselves.

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

'Muckily'made my day that has

9. Likes Goatgirl liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My personal gripe with NCMA-led network meetings in my area is that they are targeted at CMs who are basically too lazy to find out the least little thing for themselves and expect to be spoon-fed information. I refuse to run up taxi fares home from inaccessible venues to waste my time listening to lazy mares asking "so, does this new EYFS apply to us?" several weeks after it was introduced.

Neither do I wish to "share best practice" when that amounts to a room full of 'experienced' CMs (who've been doing the job several times longer than me, I might add) who only want to steal my paperwork in exchange for their play-dough recipes and beauty tips. They also expect me to pass on my learning from training courses that I bother to take the time go to, whilst they can't be 4rsed - either cos they're making money, or sitting at homewatching Jeremy Kyle (or quite possibly both at the same time.)

OK, this isn't really NCMA's fault, but I wish the organisation would move on and leave the lazy bovine crowd behind instead of pandering to them.

I have no problem with proper sharing of best practice or supporting genuine new CMs with genuine needs. In fact, I'm a member of a group in the next county where we do just that. Unfortunately my DO doesn't like me going there cos she can't control what goes on outside my/her county. She had the nerve to say, "I hope you're not putting those xxxxshire meetings down in your CPD log". Yeah, right: you just watch me, love.

11. Likes loocyloo, margaret liked this post
    Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    My personal gripe with NCMA-led network meetings in my area is that they are targeted at CMs who are basically too lazy to find out the least little thing for themselves and expect to be spoon-fed information. I refuse to run up taxi fares home from inaccessible venues to waste my time listening to lazy mares asking "so, does this new EYFS apply to us?" several weeks after it was introduced.

Neither do I wish to "share best practice" when that amounts to a room full of 'experienced' CMs (who've been doing the job several times longer than me, I might add) who only want to steal my paperwork in exchange for their play-dough recipes and beauty tips. They also expect me to pass on my learning from training courses that I bother to take the time go to, whilst they can't be 4rsed - either cos they're making money, or sitting at homewatching Jeremy Kyle (or quite possibly both at the same time.)

OK, this isn't really NCMA's fault, but I wish the organisation would move on and leave the lazy bovine crowd behind instead of pandering to them.

I have no problem with proper sharing of best practice or supporting genuine new CMs with genuine needs. In fact, I'm a member of a group in the next county where we do just that. Unfortunately my DO doesn't like me going there cos she can't control what goes on outside my/her county. She had the nerve to say, "I hope you're not putting those xxxxshire meetings down in your CPD log". Yeah, right: you just watch me, love.

Couldn't have put it better myself Bunyip. You've pretty much said what I was thinking but was too polite[or scared] to say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12