Knew i had forgotten something lol
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Knew i had forgotten something lol

Took three 2yr olds to soft play this morning, had great time. When it was time to leave i placed changing bag in front of car as i strapped all 3 into seats, then we got very excited watching bin lorry!!!

Drove to school to collect another child, got home and couldnt find changing bag . Phoned lady at soft play who knows us well and luckily someone had handed it in.

Please tell me i'm not only minder to have done this

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not exactly the same but I have left an easter basket made my mindee on top of the car when driving away from pre school. Another parent beeped at me and I had to get out and retrieve eggs etc from the car park

3. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

At least you got it back
    I am always leaving things behind wherever I go. Just can't seem to help it.

5. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be worse, you could have left one of the children lol
    Julie X X

7. Likes ziggy, winstonian liked this post
    Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by julie w View Post
    Could be worse, you could have left one of the children lol
    Been there-done that! luckily only left in the car outside my house.....I've forgotten the pushchair and reversed over it before.

9. Likes ziggy liked this post
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

julie, i said the same to one of my mummies, as i had quite a few of her child's things in the bag lol

well, in future will make sure i throw bag in car before putting children in

jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I left my buggy on the pavement outside school one day, didn't notice till the next day we parked in the same spot and saw a notice pinned to the tree "found buggy pls call .........." Doh how silly did I feel reading the notice out and then realised it was me
    x helen

12. Likes RuthJ, winstonian, Shamai liked this post
    Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mum22 View Post
    I left my buggy on the pavement outside school one day, didn't notice till the next day we parked in the same spot and saw a notice pinned to the tree "found buggy pls call .........." Doh how silly did I feel reading the notice out and then realised it was me
    I did this again last week. The last child to go in the car every day is on the opposite side to the pavement so I often get straight in and drive off. Luckily I park outside another childminders house so she just takes it in for me

14. Likes RuthJ liked this post
    Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mum22 View Post
    I've done this too, and drove off looking out my rear view mirror saying to the mindees "oh dear, someone's left their buggy on the pavement!" Took me a good few seconds to realise it was mine

16. Likes ziggy liked this post
    aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I collected a mindee from nursery , drove off leaving his buggy on the pavement

didnt realise until parent came to collect child that evening and it wasnt in my boot as normal

felt awful as it was her buggy and they didnt have much money , so i offered to replace it of course ,
    and I was skint too

Luckily it had been spotted by a nursery nurse leaving work , she recognised it and parked it up in the buggy rack and mum picked it up the next day Doh!!

sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

I am always doing stuff like that! left my handbag at playgroup twice! forget snacks for the kids! think its an age thing for me!!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Slightly different but years ago my ex hubby took the dog for a walk and popped in the shop tying dog up outside. About 2 hours later, I realised said dog wasnt around and asked him where it was.....off he rushed up the road. The owner of the shop said he had been made aware of our dog being there and he was also a dog owner and knew us and told the customer that when he shut the shop if he hadnt have been collected he would return him home....lol

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

DH left ds3 at customer services in Sainsburys, baby was only a week old and DH hadn't got used to having him around yet, was his excuse.

21. Likes RuthJ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My mum and dad fostered when we were young and once my dad left the foster baby in the pram parked outside the shop when he went in, and then went home without it! Luckily we only lived two minutes walk away and the people in the shop knew my dad!

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I left a brand new Mamas and Papas buggy behind in a car park last year...unfortunately it wasn't handed in so someone had a bonus (on me!) that day!!!!

Hels xx

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I've left bags in carpark a where ive been so distracted making sure everyone is in okay
    Sweetpea x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caz3007 View Post
    Slightly different but years ago my ex hubby took the dog for a walk and popped in the shop tying dog up outside. About 2 hours later, I realised said dog wasnt around and asked him where it was.....off he rushed up the road. The owner of the shop said he had been made aware of our dog being there and he was also a dog owner and knew us and told the customer that when he shut the shop if he hadnt have been collected he would return him home....lol
    Yes I have left dog tied up outside the shop before and once parked at local shop then when I came out I forgot I had the car and walked home. Have twice left buggy on pavement but luckily I had to turn round and spotted it, another time I carried a baby back to car after toddlers then remembered buggy was in the pram park outside toddler group door. Now when I put mindees in car I make sure I first open the boot, this is my reminder to put buggy in!

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I left my kids scooters on the pavement, didn't know till I went to get them out the next day, we weren't lucky.....they were gone