Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default if I move to another county?

If i move counties can I continue working or do i need to re register
    what is the process , just informing the relevant council and OFSTED?
    Ideally I cannot afford much of a gap out of work

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This made me smile coming so soon after your thread about the 'controlled' meeting - seems a little extreme to avoid The meeting and Ms Truss

In all seriousness - I think yes you just have to tell ofsted - not sure you have to tell the council unless you think you need planning permission - ofsted send a list of new childminders to the FIS for them to pick up and add you on the vacancy list. Although you won't be new as such you will be new to that area so think same process will prob apply.

3. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

ha ha , no not trying to avoid the "lovely" Miss Truss

just dreaming of a life with a sea view nearer to my grown up son , sunny Scarborough

just have to convince my 6 yr old its a good idea !

sounds relatively straight forward then , I had a funny feeling each county had its own training policies , not sure why

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

ooh lucky you. Im from scarborough and would love to move back. My 6 year old wouldnt be the issue , it would be dh and the 19 and 17yr olds!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i'm about 40 mins from scarborough and moved here from hampshire.

i just told ofsted i was moving and then rang the north yorkshire FIS and was given the contact details for the childcare suffiency support officer (CSSO, like a development worker) for my area and spoke to her about moving/demand for childminders etc. there are a few childminders in scarborough, and some of them are Leading (accrediated) childminders offering the funded sessions to 2, 3 & 4 yr olds.

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    ooh lucky you. Im from scarborough and would love to move back. My 6 year old wouldnt be the issue , it would be dh and the 19 and 17yr olds!
    you recommend it then ? it feels so far away from anywhere , but im definitely up for living by the sea

my 21 yr old son went to uni there and has decided to stay and get a flat with his girlfriend, i moved at the same time to Northampton , we are both from lincs

so i dont really have ties here apart from my business and my son is at school , i have no family here, my parents are in lincs , my son in scarb

he doesnt know im thinking about it and would probably be horrified lol

it wont happen for a while yet , want to make sure he is staying there first

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarak31 View Post
    This made me smile coming so soon after your thread about the 'controlled' meeting - seems a little extreme to avoid The meeting and Ms Truss