Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Some suggestions please people.

In the coming few weeks I am going to have a new child start 9 months old. On one of the days I have him I have a 16 month old ( just starting to walk) and a 2yr old (28months) I have a double little nipper pushchair, I will have to drop off and collect from school--walking 10minutes each way.What would you suggest as 2 year old couldn't walk both ways especially in horrid wet weather, has anyone tried a buggy board on a nipper? heard of pod things but i do not know what they are. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough walk - I use back carrier I find my 16mnth really enjoys it then 2yr old n baby in pushchair.

Put ur sweat bands on and enjoy the work out :-)

3. Likes vickie-marieo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Buggy boards are quite good with a poncho in bad weather!

sept 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would get thetwo year old used to walking now and give plenty of time for the journey if its only ten minutes

6. Likes nipper, mum24 liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I could manage a back pack as I"m a older model with grown up children so that isn't a option, thank you anyway.

8. Likes MessybutHappy, nipper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the same position, I have a 6 month old, a one year old and a 2 year old. Both the younger ones obvs don't walk and the 2 year old can and will but as soon as we stop he will run off, debating about getting one of them goldbug backpack reins x

Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe have the 2 year old walk one way and then either use a buggy board or is there not a bus that you could catch back? It is a tricky one. I was only thinking what I would do about this the other day and bus was my option.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a double Nipper with a buggy board, it's fine, a bit hard to get to the brake but no real problems. I would take the buggy board but also get the eldest child used to walking there as soon as you can.

xxx

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Alice, was wondering if a buggy board would work on a double nipper them being so light (pushchair) that seems to be my best option.

Post Thanks / Like

Think I may have to brave the 2 year old walking and teaching him to hold the buggy!! Ekk!

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a just gone 2 year old that has to walk some days. I put a wrist rein on him so that if he forgets to hold the buggy he cant go very far!

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a wrist strap with walkers mainly as I use car and only need to walk from car to from school only a coupl of minutes and a buggy board is no use as I have to fit buggy in back of zaf with all 7 seats in use so no space for anything else.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE="Tazmin68;1209844"]I use a wrist strap with walkers mainly as I use car and only need to walk from car to from school only a coupl of minutes and a buggy board is no use as I have to fit buggy in back of zaf with all 7 seats in use so no space for anything else especially if I am using the double buggy.
    Am using a double
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a double out and about (360 but the same design as nipper) with a maxi buggy board I have 2 1 yr olds and a 2/3 year old on the board most days (it's 40 minute walk there and back to school) No dramas at all with it still easy to push and handed for them to jump off and walk (but gives the choice to jump on and go quicker if horrid weather or like me rushing back for a 9:30 drop off lol!

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a 7 month old, 1yrold and a 2yrold on a monday, the 2yorld is nearly 3 but since he was just 2 i have 'trained' him to walk a bit further each day, he can now handle a 20-30 min walk there and back to either morrisons or our allotment,the other day we did both as they are only 5mins apart and he was fine, flaked out after lunch though lol
    can you start now and increase how far he walks each day? if not I would get a lascal buggy board, they seem to fit most prams although are expensive, I was watching one on ebay but its got to over £20 plus postage and for one day I dont feel its worth it, if it was everyday I would defo get one.

may 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hi I have been using a buggy pod for 2 years now and it was a God send when it arrived. When the child is walking it folds nicely at the side.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I've seen them but wondering whether the goldbug pack back would be better...unsure at the moment

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a double buggy and 2 buggy boards pushchair weighs a tonne but my arms are rock hard now!!!!! Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Well I had 1 less child today so had the 2 year old walk on reins and hold my hand, all went ok until he wanted to go in the nursery himself, managed to get through the door too and wasn't happy when I took him back out! But I guess we can work on that. May try walking again with 1 more child this afternoon and the buggy!!

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i have LO who was 2 at xmas and he walks everywhere ,quite slowly since october,he wears a snow suit and a little life backpack.he holds the pram really nicely,the LO who started in october is now 21month and now he walks on the school run too,which is only a few minutes but i'm building him up.i carry 1yr old in sling and have both little boys on backpacks.much easier than a pram as we have to take children right into classrooms and i find the hardest part is getting them in and out of prams.
    its amazing what these LO can do if you give them enough time to do it.i couldnt be without my littlelife backpacks.everyone always under control ,no fear of them running off if you have to let go of hands to fasten shoe laces,use cash point etc

24. Likes nipper liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast