Childrens' Centre ringing about my vacancies?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childrens' Centre ringing about my vacancies?

Yesterday I had a phone call from a nearby childrens' centre asking whether I had any vacancies, never happened before.

Today I have a phone call from a lady looking for childcare who says I have been recommended by a childrens' centre, I can only assume the same one.

This childrens' centre have never met me as I have never been there, haven't even spoken to them on the phone, how can they recommend me?

What's going on, are they getting in on the agency thing, has anyone else had this?

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the mum asked the centre and they were just being helpful by checking first for her Hope it goes well and you get some work from this
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    Maybe the mum asked the centre and they were just being helpful by checking first for her Hope it goes well and you get some work from this
    True just seems a bit odd they have been around a while never contacted me before

Maybe they are worried about their jobs so being more 'helpful'

4. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy De View Post
    Yesterday I had a phone call from a nearby childrens' centre asking whether I had any vacancies, never happened before.

Today I have a phone call from a lady looking for childcare who says I have been recommended by a childrens' centre, I can only assume the same one.

This childrens' centre have never met me as I have never been there, haven't even spoken to them on the phone, how can they recommend me?

What's going on, are they getting in on the agency thing, has anyone else had this?
    i wouldn't worry at all. That is what centres are supposed to do help parents find childcare and to help minders fill vacacnies - it's just that not many do their job properly unless they start asking for a commission fee of course then be very suspicious
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

6. Likes lisbet, loocyloo liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had an e-mailed newsletter from my children centre - first one I have ever received - very suspicious - bet the next one announces they are my local "voluntary" agency!

8. Likes Mouse, Ripeberry liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I had an e-mailed newsletter from my children centre - first one I have ever received - very suspicious - bet the next one announces they are my local "voluntary" agency!
    I said on another post that there seems to be an increase in communication from nurseries & children's centres All very suspicious!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

my local childrens centre do call and ask if i have vacancies, or if i can recommend a babysitter, or one worker rang to ask me for suggestions for a child we both know!

they also have been known to flag me down as i walk past! but i usually pop in most weeks and they know me.

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a call from ours once last year and when I said I was full the receptionist said "I am not surprised, when I see you with the children you are always so good". Which was lovely but I have no idea who she is
    When they shut to the under 2s last year they gave out a sheet with childminders numbers on and a little boy came to me from that.

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just had a mail out from all the local children's centres telling em what was on and also someone has phoned me and they got my details from the children's centre.....sumat is going on me thinks.....

sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a phone call last month from our local Children's Centre and was asked if I had a vacancy for a child. I have never left my details with them so was surprised to hear from them. The lady was quite helpful and encouraged me to leave my details on their notice board.
    X Alison

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy De View Post

Are you on a LA database or other website,etc. that the Children's Centre might've searched?

It is part of a Children's Centre's remit to act as a 'one stop shop' for all parent's enquiries about all aspects of bringing up children. So I think they'd see it as their duty to put a parent in contact with a registered provider.

15. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you get registered on the children's center lists? do you have to go in or can you ring up and request? Also is it just the specific children's center you contact that has your details or do all of the children's centers then have you on their lists?

dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

See i went on.mat leave 12 months ago and worked in childrens centres for 5yrs....the weird thing is we were always told we couldnt recomend a childcare provider we had to sign post to FIS ......and this was accross the board (i worked in several) ...... Weird

Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was looking for a childminder for my 2 year old I was just sent a copy of childminders in my area. Now I am a childminder I wouldnt mind getting on that list though as a few people including myself all found their childminders off the sheets. I might just pop in my local centre on Mon and see what they say.

Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leeanne910 View Post
    See i went on.mat leave 12 months ago and worked in childrens centres for 5yrs....the weird thing is we were always told we couldnt recomend a childcare provider we had to sign post to FIS ......and this was accross the board (i worked in several) ...... Weird
    Our children's center have said that they can't give out (because it would be seen to be a recommendation) childminder details but we can put our details /an advert up on their noticeboard.