Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Registering as a business

I have passed my pre-reg visit and have food standards agency coming out next Tuesday but how do I register as a business? I know I have to do it through HMRC but their website is difficult to determine which tax and which National insurance I have to register to pay. I want to be registered from this monday (11th Feb) as my maternity finishes then so I dont want any period where I am classed as unemployed, any help would be great.
    Thanks everyone

Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Normally,as a childminder you would register as self employed rather than as a business with HMRC. You will then be sent bills for Class 2 NI & You're Class 4 NI will be worked out when you submit your self assessment tax form this will be sent to you about 6th April 2013 for accounts April 2012-April 2013.

NI as a self employed Child minder you pay class 2 at £2.65/ week regardless of earnings (unless income under £5595) & class 4 which is worked out by HMRC on completion of your tax form (but is 9% of earnings over the exempt limit of £7605)

Decembe
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what difference re tax if u are registered as a business compared to self employed ?