arriving in pj's
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default arriving in pj's

Hi what's everyones view on mindees arriving with pj's on and clearly the same nappy she's slept in? This is happening everyday their always late and arrive as I'm leaving for school run :-( I have to dress her then as most days she's wearing short pjs. How can a mother be like this its so upsetting n the little girl is adorable

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm afraid it would be a big fat NO from me. If a child was arriving very early (before 7.30am) in the morning I would consider dressing but would insist that they had had their nappy changed at home unless it was a baby arriving asleep.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    I'm afraid it would be a big fat NO from me. If a child was arriving very early (before 7.30am) in the morning I would consider dressing but would insist that they had had their nappy changed at home unless it was a baby arriving asleep.
    I agree put you foot down, mum will just have to get up earlier
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i've done this with prior arangement for an early start but never at school run times.i have been guilty myself when my babies were tiny when they've slept late of lifting them out of cot into pram and out to school but school was 2 mins away and i felt it was nicer to give baby a more gentle start rather than rushing to undress change wash etc,but thats my own child.
    i would say mention to mam that although you dont mind (presuming you dont mind) dressing and changing LO but they will need to be at your house by xoclock so you have enough time to get ready for school run

oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say this was well out of order especially in this weather the poor child must be frozen. i would have a chat with parents and say they need to dress the child and change the nappy before bringing them, that is the first thing they should do when getting the child out of bed. They are obviously not getting up in time in the morning and expecting you to do everything !!

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

As others have said, would do it by prior arrangement for an early arrival but not like you describe. We go out some mornings straight from the school run so poor child would be in pjs half the day!

Id say that the nappy must be changed no matter what, and I only dress very early arrivals before 7am, say
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just say you are happy to change and dress him but they need to arrive earlier if you are going to do this because you cant be late for school run.

8. Likes Dragonfly, izzy23 liked this post
    oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replys and reassurance. Think I will talk to mum, just wanted to know I wasn't being unreasonable expecting her to dress her own child! Lol she taking the Mick really can't believe any mother would leave their child in a sodden nappy so sad.
    Thanks again

oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh and with regards to her being cold ...your bang on she's like ice, I'm not taking her to school in short pjs and having people say "shes a lovely childminder -not!" I couldn't anyway poor little mare think I'll just adopt her ;-) I have 3 boys of my own

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to a group last year and a devoted CM used to arrive late each week. The mum did not drive so CM would have to walk to the twins house and pick them up on her way to group and this would be at 10.30am!
    The children would still be in their PJ's nappies and the CM would give them breakfast at group.
    Don't think I would have stood for it.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Post Thanks / Like

Had this with one of mine, he is due at 8 and when he started at 8 months I said I would dress him and give him breakfast .. He is now 2 and until I put my foot down a couple of months ago (he is older now and up earlier so don't see why they can't do it!) he was still arriving like this! I had to ask for nappy to be changed as I assumed she had done it but then he would do a poo and it would leak cos nappy was sodden. Had to ask Couple of times re nappy as some mornings he was definitely snuck in unchanged! It makes a difference to the morning even if not going out Til later. Now I am working on breakfast as he sometimes doesn't come Til 9 and hasn't eaten, yest it was 915! Poor mite is starving and cranky by then! Trouble is I have a new baby who doesn't have brekkie Til 10ish as he is full on am bottle but wanted to send a round robin email saying breakfast cut off was 845!

Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

pj's & needing breakfast fine if a very early start (I had one at 6.30am for a while so she was brought pretty much straight from bed) BUT not at a time when you're about to do the school run.
    As others have said parents need to get up & organised earlier - if I can then anyone can!!!!!!

june 83
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Cant believe some parents, she needs telling that you have a timetable to stick to re school run and so child needs to be changed and have breakfast as you have not got time to do this when she arrives. I dont mind giving breakfast up until 8.15 after that i have not got the time due to going out to groups etc.

oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your comments, notes taken! Well I've spoken to mum and she says she will try, well try she must or I can see a review of contract coming on :-)

16. Likes serin liked this post
    Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had a few arrive in pjs over the years but never one that hadn't had a nappy change.

I have a lo that arrives at 5.30am, he has had his nappy changed but is always in pjs, too early to mess him about too much, it was actually my suggestion she didn't dress him. We normally start the day just having a cuddle on the sofa then when he is ready we start the day