Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So sorry - another variation question!

So sorry to bore you with the variation stuff again - got an enquiry for a child 9-4 which will overlap with my nursery pick up by 1 hour (pick up at 3). Other 2 under 5 spaces currently filled. Is there really no way I can do this? I'm pretty sure that with the old system, people rang ofsted to sort out a situation like this. It's only for 5 weeks, 1 day per week until my husband starts working with me as my assistant. I know I can physically do it as the nursery child is almost 4 and really no problem at all, and will be in my 6 under 8 at all times. I am happy to risk assess and let parents know etc.

sept 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Even under the old system you would not have been able to get a variation for this as this is new business. The variation would be in place for siblings or existing mindees, extending hours for example.

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Aha! That makes more sense then - I thought you could get a variation for an overlap with the old system. Thank you for clarifying this!

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Now this is where the confusion sets in because I did get a variation for a very similar situation with the old system. I had an overlap of 40mins...it was granted

I'm not saying its ok to do now but at least under the old system we got a yes or a no.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    Now this is where the confusion sets in because I did get a variation for a very similar situation with the old system. I had an overlap of 40mins...it was granted

I'm not saying its ok to do now but at least under the old system we got a yes or a no.
    It is confusing because I got a NO for a similar situation - one and only time I applied for a variation